Indian Programming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

puneetshell

Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
US
Hello friends,

I recently heard that i can buy my own dish and hook it up in my back yard and get free Indian channels like Zee, Sony etc. If that is the case can you guys help me out on what kind of equipment to buy and what direction to point it in? I will really appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance.
My Zip is 55369.

Thanks!

Moved this thread to the FTA section.
puneetshell be sure that you have actually read and understood the terms on use here at Satelliteguys.

See ya
Tony

I don't think so:

I believe those channels are available by subscription, only.
So, they would not be available for free viewing.
You might look at this previous request for Indian programming, for more information.

welcome :wave from another Twin Citian....see you're on the north side of the metro (I'm on the southern side)

Unfortunately there really isnt any free channels from India. Dish and DIrectv have subscription plans to subscribe to them

There WAS an Indian channel (I forget the name) on one of the DN sats that was FTA for a couple years, however it went away a few months ago. At first I had it labeled as a cooking channel, because the first couple of times I tuned it in, it had some Indian cooking show on, but it was actually a regular network with news and other programming.
Only reason I mention something that's not there anymore is to emphasise that FTA is not something you should get into with the expectation of being able to find specific channels, because they could be there today, and gone tomorrow. Since 99% of the programming available to FTA receivers is not intended for the public, we have to take what they give us.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)