Info bar and plasma burn-in, see-thru info bar?

RogerD

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 29, 2004
I am concerned that the PG info bar on the bottom of the screen could develop burn-in in my plasma. The info bar shows up for 5 seconds or so every time you switch a channel. When I watch an OAR movie, I do occasionally see an image retention of the info bar on the bottom of the black screen.

We used to have the see-thru info bar feature before but it was determined to be a software update bug. Does anyone know if VOOM will ever provide an option to turn on/off see-thru info?

RogerD said:
I am concerned that the PG info bar on the bottom of the screen could develop burn-in in my plasma. The info bar shows up for 5 seconds or so every time you switch a channel. When I watch an OAR movie, I do occasionally see an image retention of the info bar on the bottom of the black screen.

It's extremely unlikely that this may cause burn-in, even if your plasma is in torch mode and you keep switching channels for 10 hours every day. It takes significantly more than that to cause burn-in.

I wouldn't worry about it. I've played xbox and pc games with static images for hours at a time without any sight of burn in on my panny. I can't imagine a 5 second image causing burn-in even if its changed 50 times a day

DarrellP said:
You can always hit INFO twice to turn it off right away as well.

You can also hit the WATCH button to remove the guide at the bottom instantly. (Thats about the only thing the Watch button is good for.)

ROLLZROYCE said:
You can also hit the WATCH button to remove the guide at the bottom instantly. (Thats about the only thing the Watch button is good for.)
WATCH works as an EXIT button in pretty much any menu. I use it all the time!

Why doesn't Voom change the screen diplay on the music channels? I loved how DNetwork had their's. We never listen but used to all the time. 1) they have static graphics that do not change and 2) The horrible colors are too brightwhen we're trying to sit in the room with the lights down or out and simply enjoy some music. DshNtwrk used to have only a black screen and the music info white and slowly moving up and down the screen to prevent burn in. I've suggested to Voom...but I am only one!! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)