Info on ku/c band combo

cellis

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 1, 2007
I have a stupid question!! I want the best of both Worlds. "KU & C Bands"
I am wanting to get a MercuryII fortec star. I am considering getting a Glorystar system or something similar to that. My question .. several questions in fact!! Could I receive both ku band and c band with that reciver. Also, could I use the geosat pro 1.2m offset dish.
or would I need a larger dish. I dont want to go to the larger "Bug"dish unless it's nessary. I live in western North Carolina but not in the mountains area. I don't think the location would be a problem. Also, if I could use the 1.2M dish what kind of motor would i need to drive that dish,
and what about the LNB, Would i need one for KU band and one for C Band
or could i get an LNB combo with both KU/C Band, if so what of adapter would i need for the Ku/C Band LNB. If you can, in short, give me a rundown on a complete set-up of what I would need to get a set-up such as i asked about.. thanks for any help you can give!! cellis. "Charles in NC"

1. The Fortec Star Mercury II is a very good receiver for both C and KU band reception of MPEG2 channels.

2. A 1.2M meter dish is not suitable for C-band reception. Some use it in a hobbyist system, but it is severely undersized and you could only receive the stronger C-band signals.

3. You would want to consider a 1.8M minimum, but 2.4M would be advised. A C/KU LNBF like the GEOSATpro CK1 would provide adequate performance, but for optimum performance you would want to purchase a C/KU feedhorn with separate C and KU LNBs.

We would prefer not to use this forum as a sales tool, but if you call, one of our staff could assist with helping you develop a list of equipment that we could provide for C/KU reception.

Thanks for the info.The info was very helpful, I will be in touch soon.

thanks for the info. it is very helpful, I will be in touch soon.

I am a new-be also and I have a Glorystar package on its way here. My question is on the same track. I have a 10+ foot Winegard dish, button hook (S/N 43945) the lna/b is missing and the cover on the positioner is missing so it has gotten soaked and dirty. I also have a primestar 75E dish with an LNB (8082) or (981131955).

I live in a motor home so run off an solar charged batteries / inverter or Gas generator. What do I need to get the BUD running at our property -- with the GS M II receiver and the Glorystar dish as a portable -- Or can it be done? AND will ther be a power quality problem and if so what remedies will be needed?
Would the Primetar DISH work as a portable? (I want usable TV, not nec'y perfect)!
BTW there was a Dish setup in the motor home that worked which may indicate the power would no be a problem...
Thanks in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts