[INSIGHT] I am coming back to Insight

trido

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
Southern indiana
Well after 16 months with DISh I decided today to come back to insight.

Lots of reasons main one dual tuner DRV.

If anyone know what model Insight is using I like to try to find the online manual and look it over.

My install is Thursday be getting three of them.

Trido

Oh I heard a rumor that by or in Feb Insight is adding TNTHD also ESPN 2 HD
Anyone heard this?

trido said:
Well after 16 months with DISh I decided today to come back to insight.

Lots of reasons main one dual tuner DRV.

If anyone know what model Insight is using I like to try to find the online manual and look it over.

My install is Thursday be getting three of them.

Trido

Oh I heard a rumor that by or in Feb Insight is adding TNTHD also ESPN 2 HD
Anyone heard this?

Talked to Insight the other day and they are using the Moto 6412 units as their DVR of choice.

Also, asked if they had any planms to add ESPN2HD or anything else in addition to the 5 or so channels that they currently call their HDTV package, and they replied, no, they are not.

Changed my mind day before install...

Mike0616 said:
Talked to Insight the other day and they are using the Moto 6412 units as their DVR of choice.

Also, asked if they had any planms to add ESPN2HD or anything else in addition to the 5 or so channels that they currently call their HDTV package, and they replied, no, they are not.
Your info appears correct I was just flat out LIED to so I would indeed come back.They did NOT add either espn2 or TNT HD.

I changed my mind the day before install and for now will just stay woth DISH.

Tried

That is nice to hear since I switched from Dish to Insight because of promise to add new hd channels.

Don't know where in So. IN you are located, I am in Evansville and was sent an email reply in Mid Jan. that they would be adding ESPN2HD at the end of Jan. Obviously not correct.

Had a job interview with them in early Feb. and the installer head guy told me that he was not aware of any current plans to add it and if it was added, probably would be added as an additional pay channel like HBO.

I did get a new dual-tuner from them last week to replace the single tuner model. Saw on here that the dual was available, called a friend that had just gotten HD and he confirmed that he had the dual. Called them and they changed it out at no cost, so at least something is going right.

11290 said:
Don't know where in So. IN you are located, I am in Evansville and was sent an email reply in Mid Jan. that they would be adding ESPN2HD at the end of Jan. Obviously not correct.

Had a job interview with them in early Feb. and the installer head guy told me that he was not aware of any current plans to add it and if it was added, probably would be added as an additional pay channel like HBO.

I did get a new dual-tuner from them last week to replace the single tuner model. Saw on here that the dual was available, called a friend that had just gotten HD and he confirmed that he had the dual. Called them and they changed it out at no cost, so at least something is going right.

I am in EVansville also well please keep me posted if they add anything.

My email came from a marketing person at the Evansville branch.He was just trying to get me back I guess nothing added at all.

thanks

Trido

I was talking to a sales representative for Greenwood (south suburb of Indianapolis) and when asked about TNT-HD (which I currently have with Dish) he said that it would be added within 30 days. I hope his information is accurate as I would hate to lose this channel.

Edgar in Indy

trido said:
I am in EVansville also well please keep me posted if they add anything.

My email came from a marketing person at the Evansville branch.He was just trying to get me back I guess nothing added at all.

thanks

Trido

Mine came from the office in Louisville. IF you stay on hold long enough, you can finally get someone, however, they don't do e-mail here. :D

My wife just found out about the latest price-hike of Dish, so she is all in favor of moving to Insight, as we were LIED to big time when we moved from DirectTV to Dish a couple of years ago. Also, we were ordering a 942, so when I told her what they were doing to people who bought into that deal got from Dish, was enough to make her forget about the changes she will have to learn due to the switch (she is a nurse, not a techie by any means!) :)

-Mike, who is glad his wife does NOT read this forum!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)