Install Problems/Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ya, I have tried unplugging everything and plugging back in a lot of different ways. Literally every different way. The PI has a green light, yes. With that being said, I a guessing you will suggest the LNB is bad? How would I go about testing either device to fully understand? Thank you very much for your replies by the way guys, I really appreciate the help. I am pretty frustrated.
Unless you have professional testing equipment this would be very hard to tackle on your own.

He didn't, because the receiver does not see his SWM dish. But the SWM system works fine even if you are not pointed at the satellite at all. You get zero signal, but you don't get the SWM error message.

Soo... I'm pretty sure that if a dish is "unlocked" on the 101 the irds will report back cannot detect swm. Meaning if it's not tuned it just won't see it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Thank you for all the replies and the info! I am almost positive the lnb isn't aligned with the satellite, because I have been to focused on making sure everything is connected correctly so it reading the swm. I am unsure on the most recent comments although, does the lnb have to be aligned with the satellite to detect the swm?

You can always stick your tongue on the coax at the lnb to see if you have voltage. If you do then it's allignment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I apologize, are you referring to sticking your tongue on the coax while its connected to the swm?

I appreciate you all being so patient with me.

No, the dish doesn't have to be aligned with the sats in order for the receiver to see the SWM. If the receivers sees the SWM but no signal you get 771. If the receiver can't see the SWM you get 775. This only applies to HD & HD DVRs, including the genie. All SD receivers will report 771 for both scenarios.

Yes, if you lay the dish on the ground pointing at nothing and connect a PI and a receiver you won't get a 775, you will get a 771..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)