Install Sirius in Chevy truck

Tom Vista

Nov 26, 2004
Just bought Sirius at radio shack and need to know where to mount the antenna, how to get the wire inside the truck. I have a 2004 chey silverado 3500 crew cab. plan to mount the unit using the suction cup so the wire needs to be near the windshield. Any help would be appreciated. They don't have installers in my small town.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Since you have a crew cab you probably want to place the antenna on the back of the roof, towards the driver's side. Then you would run the wire inside the door jam and down to the molding near the floor. Run it along the molding down the driver's side of the cab. When you get to your dash run it under the inside of the dash underneath your steering column. Run it to the center where your radio is. You should have plenty of antenna wire for this.

Sirius_Rich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2004
Houston
Or run it back thru the cab under the headliner and down the driver's post on the door/windshield. Get into the cab thru the brake light.

VaJim

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 4, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado Crew cab and had mine installed at a local audio shop. They set the antenna right in front of the roof brake light and ran the coax through the brake light housing. They did a real nice job, can't even see where they ran it. The docking station sits just lower to the right of the stock radio. They also hard-wired the power and I'm using a FM modulator. A real pro job.

Good luck and welcome!

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
If you can get a chance to get this I would recommend an AUX adapter. It basically takes your stock radio's CD changer port and adds an aux input so you can run an RCA cable set to your receiver. The sound quality is better than FM Modulation and you won't ever have to worry about changing the FM station if you're travelling.

VaJim

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 4, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Maybe I'm calling it wrong. Whatever it is that the audio guy installed in my truck, he put a nice toggle switch on the dash. When I want to listen to Sirius, I simply turn the toggle up and turn the stock radio and Sirius on and away I go. If I should ever want to return (why?) back to stock radio, I turn the toggle switch down and turn off the Sirius and the stock radio does it's thing.

Very cool

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)