Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grabes

Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
I have had D* for 3+ years, and waited 17 days for the new DVR install. It rained today and due to that I have to wait another 2 weeks? Is this normal? I seriously am so tired of this crap.

Basically, if you cancel any install workorder, they have to create a new workorder. For some reason they don't re-schedule the original. You jump from the front of the line to the back.

It's harsh, but you might have tried to argue that they do the job despite the rain. You can also call the retention line, explain that they cost you a day from work, and ask for some compensation.

Retention can get the work order moved up too, and compensate you for the missed appointment. Just be nice and explain it and tell them what you think is fair. They are pretty generous usually.

They gave me $150 in credits for misc. problems, and I'm a new customer. In my month with them, they still owe me money on the statement :)

I have never had rain stop me from installing. I would raise He|| to no extent. I am an old man and stood in the rain all day Monday installing dishes. We got some kids who don't want to work it looks like.

I have never had rain stop me from installing. I would raise He|| to no extent. I am an old man and stood in the rain all day Monday installing dishes. We got some kids who don't want to work it looks like.

Installing dish in rain is a no, no situation, not only you may risk your life from falling from ladder, but lighting, leak roof due to install in rain, touch metal also keep you in risk with wet floor/leg stand in ground. I was once almost fell from 28 ft second floor roof while doing installation a dish and sudden rain passed by that wet the roof slippy hard to walk. since then never doing this. expoecially doing work for yourself, once stuck at this situation, no one can help.

I have had D* for 3+ years, and waited 17 days for the new DVR install. It rained today and due to that I have to wait another 2 weeks? Is this normal? I seriously am so tired of this crap.

I didnt know that you had to go on the roof to install a DVR, or am I miising some info?

Why cant a DVR bee installed in a dry room on a rainey day?

or is there more to this topic that I did not read?

T

my grand mother is switching to Directv from Dish. can she use the same mast for the directv dish as she is using for the DISH network dish?

thanks!

my grand mother is switching to Directv from Dish. can she use the same mast for the directv dish as she is using for the DISH network dish?

thanks!

Why? If she is a new customer she will get a Free install.Normally you are considered a new customer only once so why not keep both dishes on the house?
That's what I did so after 1 year if I don't like DirecTV I could return to DISH.So far
I'm pretty happy with DirecTV,but I still plan to keep both dishes and when I say both dishes I mean dish/LNB/coax.:welcome

Installing dish in rain is a no, no situation, not only you may risk your life from falling from ladder, but lighting, leak roof due to install in rain, touch metal also keep you in risk with wet floor/leg stand in ground. I was once almost fell from 28 ft second floor roof while doing installation a dish and sudden rain passed by that wet the roof slippy hard to walk. since then never doing this. expoecially doing work for yourself, once stuck at this situation, no one can help.

W/E....you must be a primidona....I have been installing cable and sats for the past 22 years, you tell me that you can't work because of the rain, you will not work for me, bottom line. I have done installs in conditions that rival Vietnam on a bad day. First of all if I were worried about falling off from a ladder I wouldn't be an installer. Second I don't do roof installs. You put a lag bolt in my roof I will make you rip off and re-shingle the damned thing. I have caught myself with my face sliding off from a very steep pitch with drill and dish in hand. I choose to install satellites, and I do what it takes to get the job done. Like I said you tell me you're not working in the rain, you're not working at all. I guess you would tell me that you wouldn't do a route if it was going to rain all day? Who do you work for?

W/E....you must be a primidona....I have been installing cable and sats for the past 22 years, you tell me that you can't work because of the rain, you will not work for me, bottom line. I have done installs in conditions that rival Vietnam on a bad day. First of all if I were worried about falling off from a ladder I wouldn't be an installer. Second I don't do roof installs. You put a lag bolt in my roof I will make you rip off and re-shingle the damned thing. I have caught myself with my face sliding off from a very steep pitch with drill and dish in hand. I choose to install satellites, and I do what it takes to get the job done. Like I said you tell me you're not working in the rain, you're not working at all. I guess you would tell me that you wouldn't do a route if it was going to rain all day? Who do you work for?

I'll bet your insurance company _loves_ you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)