Installation 3 HDTV's Help!!!

What exactly is a crane and will they have one on them or could I purchase one at Radio Shack. I may return the 80" Boom for the 40" Boom. I would love to put the antenna in my attic. Save space and hopefully does the trick. If anyone else knows a better way to get my locals I'm all ears. My location is Sioux City, IA 51106.

Both he and I were commenting on the 80 ft antenna you mentioned in your first post. An 80 inch antenna is not that large, many deep fringe VHF antennas are 120 inches long with 144-156 inch or more turning radiuses.

Remember, if you put the antenna in the attic, you'll need an antenna that captures twice as much signal as an antenna in free air.

Thanks Jim and Dishcomm with your expert advice. I'm confident that the 80 inch (not ft :) antenna should do the trick. I live about 10 miles from our local towers so hopefully it will work it self out.

10 Miles, I would have went with a Zenith silver sensor and a splitter, $25. You may get multi-path with the Shack antenna, you will know, 90 percent to dropout, signal strength. You sure don't need an amp.

Just put it in the attic and you will be good to go.

Don't feel bad, 3 HDTV's, I have 6 in the house, 2 in the RV and an HD projector for poolside. You can usually keep your cable internet, but many companies will start charging you very high prices because you don't have cable TV too. You may be better off going DSL now if it's available, probably cheaper price.

I was thinking about going with the 40 inch UHF only antenna but the guys at radio shack told me that they only pick up ch 2-13. I thought this would pick up every UHF channel. All of my locals come in UHF. Do they know what there talking about?

Sounds like the RS guys are clueless. The UHF antenna receives channels 14-69. They were probably thinking of analog TV which is mainly VHF especially for major networks.

Multi-path is the digital TV equivalent of ghosting, except in digital TV the signals arriving at the antenna at different times cause the tuner to "shut down" and receive nothing. I don't think the RS antenna would necessarily be more prone to multi-path than a UHF antenna. Both are probably yagi types which have a narrow beam width which helps minimise multi-path.

I was thinking about going with the 40 inch UHF only antenna but the guys at radio shack told me that they only pick up ch 2-13. I thought this would pick up every UHF channel. All of my locals come in UHF. Do they know what there talking about?
UHF....Ultra High Frequency....Channels 14 through 69 ....
ARRLWeb: TV Channel, CATV and FM Broadcast Frequencies
Higher frequency signals don't travel as far.....Think of AM vs FM...At night AM sigs can travel thousands of miles under the right conditions. Where as FM a much higher frequecy can travel perhaps 50 to 75 miles at best....

Could the installer use my existing cable in the house to feed the OTA and use there rg6 cable to run the dish?

I Have RG59 in my house, I have two cascaded DP44's at the point the cable for each room enters the house, so I feed all my receivers with the original cable that was installed in the house and have 4 cables feeding the DP44's from the Dish 1000.2 and Dish 500, all ran outside. I have two Silver Sensors for OTA HD, both in the attic, each one feeds 3 TV's using a splitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)