Installation Begins

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry to hear your on the referb run when it goes out demand them to ship you a new recever. so how did he do rob?? did he run you 2 lines for sat and one for your OTA.

Dont let him leave untill you see 80's or higher on 99/103. You will enjoy all the cool things direct has like direct2pc and remote dvr timers when you out of the house when it works.

Its not D* fault, you probably beat the sh*t out of the CSR till she you got her to somehow slip.. anyways good job on your install, you represent the Clientele us installers DO NOT want to do, blow off and if we do the job... the ones that we tend to leave prizes in crawl spaces and attics for.

If I dont run phone to at least 1 (the primary) on my new installs, I'll get routed nothing but service calls and upgrades......We have to maintain a good percentage on phone lines or we wont get new installs.There are some that dont run phone and they literally run former installs,upgrades and service calls all the time only.I run phone and have low repeat sevice and SIN7 (service in 7 days) so I'm routed accordingly.Right now I've got nothing but 23's on board until they send us a giant batch of refurbs......the original post here represents only a small percentage of customers who actually know the difference between HD'DVR models.I'd be annoyed severly if my customer called my warehouse trying to get another tech to leave his route to bring a specific model to my onsite.Thats why I said I'd be long gone once that stuff started....let'em haggle it out with D*tv...I just dont have that kind of time and I dont think some installer should have to break off his route and not get paid to do a delivery for something the customer and D*tv should've agreed on before I got there.....I'd rather eat it and drive on.yeah working for an HSP is no picnic but it puts food on the table.

I could live with installing one phoneline to the primary but there is the level of trust with the HSP bookkeeping. And there are the exceptions with the invitation to "take one for the team just this one time."

Good luck to ya,

Joe

Sorry to hear your on the referb run when it goes out demand them to ship you a new recever. so how did he do rob?? did he run you 2 lines for sat and one for your OTA.

Dont let him leave untill you see 80's or higher on 99/103. You will enjoy all the cool things direct has like direct2pc and remote dvr timers when you out of the house when it works.

Rocket,

OTAs are not part of the deal.
Refurbs are reboxed new units. Like all electronic stuff it works or it doesn't. New (untested) designs are what they are.
80s or higher on the 103 is reasonable,,,,,,,,,but if weather conditions are questionable you get a choice. Either you take what happens and hope the numbers get better when conditions improve or you reschedule the whole installation.

Just how would that part about not letting the installer leave be done?

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts