Installation Concern

Status
Please reply by conversation.

maxkil41

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Is it ok to name names in the rant I have against my D installation? Or would you rather I keep it general?

Thank You

I am not staff but I am intrigued:

1. This is in the CE thread; odd.

2. Since your install was almost certainly done by a local contractor in your area; I say let it rip!

I decided to make my rant general since I do not know the rules.

I had D installed about 2 months ago. i love it. I get to watch my Titans every week. I have a great picture and the DVR works fine. The remote is kinda a pain because you have to point it directly at the receiver.

The install guy arrived on time and was courteous. He gave us a different DVR because the one we ordered did not have an OTA connection. He ran the wire through the basement and up through the floor because he said he didn't have the right tools to install it properly. I told him it was no big deal at the moment because our floors were full of holes anyway. I told him in the future we will need a different installation because we are installing laminate flooring. He said all we have to do is call him back when were ready and they would reinstall for free.

On Monday we called and they said it would cost $50.00 for a new install. i thought that was crap, but the D CS told me that what we wanted was not covered under normal professional installation and $50.00 was about right. He said that running wires through the floor is a normal procedure. Wanting the work done right, I agreed to the $50.00. They ssent someone on Wednesday. I was at work and my girlfriend was home. While he was there I had someone installing my new base boards and trim. The installer goes in the basement and cuts another hole to run the wire back outside and then cuts another hole to run it were we want the outlet. If that wasn't stupid enough, he cut the hole directly on top of my new baseboard. There is no room for a face plate. He then said he didn't have the right face plate because my girlfriend said there was only one wire. Shouldn't he know hat D has two wire to the receiver not one? Plus, the $50.00 check was made to him personally not the company. I called the company on Thursday to complain. the installer answers and says there is no one else there. He could not understand why I was upset. Needless to say, I called him everything in the book, and told him not to return to my house and, that I was cancelling the check. I haven't heard back from the company. now I have a new floor, and trim with a hole in my wall. Great Job!!!!!

OUCH! A few mistakes on both parts.

1. Installers are NOT DirecTV employees, they are hired guns / contractors, so once you knew he didn't have the right tools to do the job or you felt something was not right - STOP! Because once he does what he does and passes you over to DirecTV via activation; he is done, out of there, because you are saying he did what he was supposed to do 100% and you are NOW a DirecTV customer - the programming provider.

2. Once you agreed to let him proceed to me he either BS'd you or he meant call HIM back directly to redo the job NOT DirecTV because they do not handle these types of things nor would they have ever agreed to it. Extra charges were legit from their end!

3. Regarding the 2nd installer; seeing the problems you already had; absolutely bad move to NOT be there to discuss what you wanted to be done.

Not sure what to tell you or what you are wanting to hear. I feel your pain. I always hate reading stories like these cause everyone involved gets a bad rep.

i have hat hit and miss with what installers will do other than basic stuff. one tech wanted to charge me to run 2 cables into my bedroom through the crawl space and i declined. next guy who came to do something else, i asked how much because i had money and was willing to reconsider. he said he would do it for free and he did!

I know nothing can be done. I just wanted to complain and make others in my area aware of this company. The company is Airtech communications. I wasn't at home for both installs. My girlfriend should have trusted her instincts about the guy. I assumed that the installer knew to run the cable about six inches higher than he did. And yes, I know what happens when you assume. At least I was able to cancel the check in time. The crappy install cost me $32 instead of $50. Live and learn.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ESPN Full Court

DMX on Directv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts