Installation Joke!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpySatellite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
Had to twice call the BS "Priority Wait List" for an HD-DVR. Never heard back from them. Ordered one directly with a human operator two weeks ago. Never heard from an installer. I called today 1/19 and soonest installation appointment I could get is 4/2!

There must one man in an old truck doing all the installations for the Metro NY area. I've been a happy customer for years but now understand why so many people have had it with this company. It's also not fair I've been charged for the unit!

Free Free Free is why they are backed up. Nobody wants to work for them except n00bs and hacks. Good luck!

Diretv Install Date

The other reason is they dont pay their techs sh*t, 10 bucks an hour no one can live on that, that is why I dont install for DNSC or and HSP. And the 10 dollar and hr guys do sh!tty work because they are required to get in and out fast.

All of the above and the shortage of HD DVRS is still going on, so its probably not an install issue as much as pushing you out far enough that they figure they will have stock again.

Typical DTV crap. :rolleyes:

Install Joke

I spoke to an installer from the local HSp the other day, they are booked solid with at-9 upgrades and HR-20 upgrades. He said they even want him to works sundays, but he refused as he has a family and he usually works 8 am to 7 at nite every nite.

HSp's :eek: Even though they are a little bit better than the kids in the junk minivans with the magnet on the door. !sadroll

HSP? huh?

I have yet to see an "at-9" or "slimline" in my area yet so I'll believe the shortage of hardware as the reason. Best thing would be if the installer just dropped off the DVR box and let me do the 5 minute hook-up (no 5 LNB dish required) rather than having to wait 3 months. Maybe NiFi can swing downstate. Less snow down here too!

HSP? huh?

I have yet to see an "at-9" or "slimline" in my area yet so I'll believe the shortage of hardware as the reason. Best thing would be if the installer just dropped off the DVR box and let me do the 5 minute hook-up (no 5 LNB dish required) rather than having to wait 3 months. Maybe NiFi can swing downstate. Less snow down here too!

Are they available at a local BB or CC? D* will likely reimburse you for it.

What do you need the HR20 for if the 5 LNb dish isn't needed? The MPEG 4 won't be needed till at least the 3rd quarter.

That's correct - a DVR is all I need for now. Managed to get a fair deal for it from D but will be forced to wait (and wait and wait) for it rather than just going to BB and picking one up for $299

currently all hsp's have issued a freeze on all at9 and au9 upgrades. we are no longer allowed to move up any scheduled hd upgrades before the installation date in the ne region of the us. mostly due to a shortage of equipment. there are a couple of reasons for the shortage. 1. d* gives it away too readily. or the local warehouse can't keep track of their equip. and the regional office won't send more.

I pick up AT9's daily from CC, though you are correct they dont have any available to the public. ;)

Well I am Public so I cannot go into the store and buy one.
CC has authorized installers assigned from D* just like everyone else.
CC doesn't do the installs themselves.

Jimbo

Well I am Public so I cannot go into the store and buy one.
CC has authorized installers assigned from D* just like everyone else.
CC doesn't do the installs themselves.

Jimbo

You are correct, as my company is "FireDogs" on average 3-4 days a week. :p

The other reason is they dont pay their techs sh*t, 10 bucks an hour no one can live on that, that is why I dont install for DNSC or and HSP. And the 10 dollar and hr guys do sh!tty work because they are required to get in and out fast.

i work for an HSP and get paid by the job,i usually work 8 hrs more or less a day and make 200-400 per day.thats more than 10 an hour.Newer techs that work slow,try to do it faster resulting in poor installations.With our company getting all directv vans and tools supplied,it seems like anybody will try this proffession out.I've been doing it for about 5 yrs now and do quality work,fast,hence more money per day and maybee even a couple tips!

i work for an HSP and get paid by the job,i usually work 8 hrs more or less a day and make 200-400 per day.thats more than 10 an hour.Newer techs that work slow,try to do it faster resulting in poor installations.With our company getting all directv vans and tools supplied,it seems like anybody will try this proffession out.I've been doing it for about 5 yrs now and do quality work,fast,hence more money per day and maybee even a couple tips!

Your math is just a bit off. 8 hours a day/$200 comes out to $25/hour. $400 a day is $50/hour.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)