Installation questions... is this possible?

cornflakes

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 9, 2005
Hi everyone, I'm planning on switching back to Dish Network but since the last time I was with them, I've moved to a new house and want to have two DVRs now... so I'm wondering if someone can help me with my scenario here...

I have two rooms that I would like to have DVRs. Both rooms have two coax connectors that run down to a network closet.

What I would like to do is have the installer run the dish's coax cables into the closet, and then...

1. use a single cable for each room to feed the DVRs. So each room will have one coax connector still available.

2. Use the DVRs' modulator outputs to feed each other through the OTA modules (I realize that's a separate cost). Basically I want to be able to watch the recordings of the other DVR (it's ok if it's not in real HD). Presumably, this would output through to the second coax connector somehow, and I use a splitter to combine the two modulated channels in the network closet, and somehow feed it back to the DVRs through a triplexer, but I'm having trouble figure out how to do this.

Does the above scenario sound doable with just the 2 coax connectors in each room?

If so, can you please explain what equipment I need (what will Dish installers provide, and what should I pick up ahead of time), and how to do this? I'm not sure how familiar Dish installers are with this type of setup so I'd like to be prepared so I can explain exactly what I'd like to do.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)