Installers I am begging you again stop.. This is not how to install

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
I am starting this as an ongoing thread please feel free to add. Unfortunately some of these installers probably don't make enough money to have the internet because they don't do their job correctly.

Attachments

• IMG_0556.JPG
    IMG_0556.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 804
  • IMG_0557.JPG
    IMG_0557.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 712
Oh suuuuuureee......move the HughesNet but not the D* :p

:D The guy is actuarially going to call D* to come out and fix it. Hughes will be sending him a charge back on it and when D* comes out and see's it they will send him a charge back. Double whammy. That's what you get with some retailers who hire these $8 hour guys thanking its saving them money because the inexperienced installer is a sucker.

I think this is a great idea Tate. I have seen worse myself also. I will start snapping some pics of piss poor installs that I have to fix and post them here.

Its a never ending cycle that unfortunately will not go away, if you really really want to make changes then start with the general population and get it through their thick skulls that fast and free is not better then go and talk to the industry and get it through to them to.

wtf is that, packing tape? somekind of strap with a buckle? jeez...and is that scotch tape? Dunno who should be shot first, the installer, or the customer who signed off to it. ;)

I have had soooo many customers wanting me to "put it on the tree" and just think I'm trying to ____ them because I will not. And by the way I charge 150 for a pole mount using a 2" galv water pipe not the chain link fence post (so take it or leave it, not reducing my standards..............they can put there own pole in for 125)

I think this is a great idea Tate. I have seen worse myself also. I will start snapping some pics of piss poor installs that I have to fix and post them here.

I have lots of those, but unfortunately, I have a confidentiality agreement. I can't even discuss an install with the customer. :( All I can do is hit the escalate button when I upload the info.

Lesson:

The less a QC guy says, the more he is saying. :D

I have had soooo many customers wanting me to "put it on the tree" and just think I'm trying to ____ them because I will not. And by the way I charge 150 for a pole mount using a 2" galv water pipe not the chain link fence post (so take it or leave it, not reducing my standards..............they can put there own pole in for 125)

I know of 3-LNB DirecTV dish screwed into an oak tree where a huge branch was removed. How do you hide the cable on this one? ;)

I'll have to snap that a photo next time I pass.

wow lol that's amazing...hmmm can't keep this damn wood from moving or being level...i got an idea lets drive a piece of reemrod behind it and tie it to it lol

More crap. I had a coworker with me here. When I claimed on the roof he was wondering what I was laughing at. BTW its sand. The conduit they grounded to was not hooked up to anything. The ground block was mounted right beside the entrance to the store.

Attachments

• IMG_0757.JPG
    IMG_0757.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0761.JPG
    IMG_0761.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_0766.JPG
    IMG_0766.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 403
A trip to Arkansas never disappoints.

Saw this going down the road and had to take a pic. Guess the tech had never heard of a multi switch.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 462

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)