Installers near Tulsa

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wavoka

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
I called before the first of the month to sign up for DirecTV service as was given an install date of 11-13 between noon and 4pm. I took a day off work and waited, waited, waited and waited. Nobody ever showed.

I called DirecTV and they gave me the number for the company, JP&D I believe, who was supposed to do my install. Got a lot of run around from them and was told they couldn't do my install until December 1st. I called DirecTV back and spoke with a CSR who passed me up the chain until I got to a supervisor/manager who was very helpful. She called the installer and created an appointment for me that was to have taken place yesterday, 11-22 between 8am and noon.

Again nobody showed. I was even called twice last week to verify my install.

Again I called DirecTV to find out what was going on and was given the number for JP&D, or whatever their name is, again. After 45 minutes I was finally told that an installer couldn't be out until after 5pm yesterday. I told them that was unacceptable since we had a wedding to attend last night. I then called DirecTV back and told them to cancel my order.

I really would like to go with DirecTV, but their install service sucks. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

They, DirecTV, is NOT the install service; it is contracted out, so the install company is sucking. You aren't even a DirecTV customer yet really, and you are doing the right thing by searching out a local installer help here, but I would keep calling DirecTV back and mention the issue you continue to have with JP&D and would like for them to find someone else so you can become a customer.

They, DirecTV, is NOT the install service; it is contracted out, so the install company is sucking. You aren't even a DirecTV customer yet really, and you are doing the right thing by searching out a local installer help here, but I would keep calling DirecTV back and mention the issue you continue to have with JP&D and would like for them to find someone else so you can become a customer.

I have done that, problem is they say they have no installers in the entire state of Oklahoma other than JP&D or whatever their name is. Basically told me there is nothing they can do to insure the installer shows up.

From the phone calls I had to make, which I really think DirecTV should have been making, to JP&D it seems as if they are located in Houston.

WOW, the only company around. Sounds like maybe they are overwhelmed with business and don't have enough hands? Maybe if you find a quality guy here I wounder if DirecTV would send you the hardware?

The "no installers local to Tulsa" thing really seems odd to me. My Wife's grandparents have DirecTV and live in the area and had a local installer when they got theirs 2 years ago. I've called around though and the places here that used to do it have told me DirecTV yanked their rights, or whatever you want to call it, to do their installs and so now they are stuck doing Dish Network only.

Used to be a business less that 3 miles from here that did installs for both, but now he can only do Dish.

Been on the phone with DirecTV this morning trying to get this resolved. Their basic answer is that they have no control over the installers and all they can do is schedule a new install time for me. The new date? December 12th. Totally unacceptable.

How they can survive with such lousy customer service is beyond me.

Last edited:
Ok, this is getting strange.

Called one of the local installers to have them setup/do a Dish Network install for us. The guy asked if we had considered DirecTV since they have our locals in HD and Dish does not. Told him my story and he got pissed, said his company is still an authorized DirecTV installer and can't understand why they would say there are no installers in this area. He's calling DirecTV to find out what is going on and then is going to call me back. Said he could be out to do our install this evening.

I swear.....what is going on with DirecTV that they would say there are no installers here? I mean it is obvious they don't have as many since the place closest to us can't do it any longer and 2 other places I called her can't do them either. I only ended up calling this guy because someone here at work suggested them because they had done his Dish install and were very meticulous in their setup...come to find out they install DirecTV as well.

Last edited:
This is getting pathetic. The installer called me back. DirecTV won't let him do the install because there is an existing work order so therefore we aren't a new customer.

Great customer service you've got there DirecTV....simply outstanding!!!

This is getting pathetic. The installer called me back. DirecTV won't let him do the install because there is an existing work order so therefore we aren't a new customer.

Great customer service you've got there DirecTV....simply outstanding!!!
Call to cancel the order and go back to the local dealer. Thats all you have to do.

They local place is probably a retailer that does installs, but does not do direct installs for directv.

Directv is trying to do most new customer sales directly, rather than through a retailer, as they pay less commission/install costs.

If you cancel your order again, I'm not sure that that would make it so the local retailer could set you up, it's not something I've heard much about.

Generally, your appointments were afternoon, and the installer may have fallen behind on their previous installs that morning. I always try to get morning appointments, as it is less likely to have that issue.

Clearly, I'm not condoning the issues you've had trying to get an installation, DirecTV knows the system is broken, takes too long, etc. Improvements take time though.

Call to cancel the order and go back to the local dealer. Thats all you have to do.

I tried that. DirecTV wouldn't budge.

Ended up cancelling the order and having my wife call the local guy and set everything up under her name and cell phone number.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)