Installers opinion?

sunfire01

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
DFW, TEXAS
I'm getting a 622 installed tomorrow and have only one dish 500 so I know I need another dish for HD programming. The work order doesnt say anything about a dish according to dish CSR's but says I'm getting a dual tuner HD receiver and getting HD programming. Now will the installer bring another dish or dish 1000 based on this info? Or will I be looking at him going back for a dish after he gets here. Whats the policy on if an installer shows up without the dish, must he go get it tomorrow or will my 622 be postponed even further? Let me know installers!!

Jason

every DNS tech have spear dishes and parts. he should put it up for you. if he doesn't ask him about it. and if he doesn't have dish 1000 then have him install dish 500 for 129. lately our work orders don't say anything about dish 1000 and techs have to come back to the office to pick it up. started yesterday every tech have to have a spear dish 1000 with him every time

Well a good chance the installer will not have the proper stuff. I have been seeing this too often. They get there and all they have is your new receiver, if you haven't got it mailed to you. (Mostly but not limited to DNS installers) So yes they have to come back. Since you are ahead of the game, at least say hey buddy you don't have the dish 1000, well do you have a DP34 switch and a extra dish 500 to tune to 129 or 61.5, at least until you get back, 'cause I want my HDTV channels......Just be nice, because if they don't know they don't know, a lot of them have not be properly educated on the new stuff yet, and/or they are just going by the work order.

ke4est said:
Well a good chance the installer will not have the proper stuff. I have been seeing this too often. They get there and all they have is your new receiver, if you haven't got it mailed to you. (Mostly but not limited to DNS installers) So yes they have to come back. Since you are ahead of the game, at least say hey buddy you don't have the dish 1000, well do you have a DP34 switch and a extra dish 500 to tune to 129 or 61.5, at least until you get back, 'cause I want my HDTV channels......Just be nice, because if they don't know they don't know, a lot of them have not be properly educated on the new stuff yet, and/or they are just going by the work order.
yeah but a dp34 wont help me unless he runs a 2nd coax to my 622, I have dish pro lnbfs not dish pro plus.

Jason

sunfire01 said:
yeah but a dp34 wont help me unless he runs a 2nd coax to my 622, I have dish pro lnbfs not dish pro plus.

Jason

I think you're confused.

In any case, if you only have the 622 then your installer can use a dpp twin and a second dish run into the dpp twin and only use one cable.

My install was a mess hear in NJ. I was left with no lnb on my new dish to see 61.5 (1000 dont work hear)my coax just cut and left hanging that wasnt in use,and installer wanted 25$ for coax i ran for him as he put up my new dish. Just a real bad time had by me.

HD programming to be coming in off satellite 110 soon if not already.

Oh yeah, you wont get a Dish 1000 if your not subscribed to a HD package that requires it and instead of him going back to get one if its not on his work order you'll probably have to reschedule since alot of times a technicians route doesn't have room for favortism

I don't know whats with these installers you guys are getting my installer I had a few years ago was great. I had most what he needed other than switches and cable but he had extra everything and even left me some free cable. I was worried he wouldn't install it as it was snowing out but he did and did a great job at it. I couldn't be happier. I've had it a few years and the only problem I've had is the LNB went bad but that wasn't his fault. Dish told me they had a bad run of them and that mine was one of them they replaced it for $15 shipping. It worked great until I removed it to install a quad lnb and then I ran another cable along where the installer did for my 721.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)