Installing DVD Recorder to my system question

Toprank

Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
I currently have a Direct TV HR20 Satellite box, dvd/vcr combo, and harmon karden receiver. I just bought a Philips dvdr3400 dvd recorder and am hoping to burn dvd's from my dvr and vcr. The instruction manual states that i conntect the satellite cables through the recorder. Is there a way to just hook the recorder to my tv and record what is playing on the tv.

if so how would i do that?

if I have to hook the satellite cables to the box, how would I do that?

Sorry if this is basic, but need the help.

Probably all depends on where your line ins and outs are in the coax and whatnot... if the dvd recorder just has a line in and line out for coax, you should be able to just hook whatever's going in to the tv now in to the line in on the recorder and then hook line out from recorder to tv...

I currently have a Direct TV HR20 Satellite box, dvd/vcr combo, and harmon karden receiver. I just bought a Philips dvdr3400 dvd recorder and am hoping to burn dvd's from my dvr and vcr. The instruction manual states that i conntect the satellite cables through the recorder. Is there a way to just hook the recorder to my tv and record what is playing on the tv.

if so how would i do that?

if I have to hook the satellite cables to the box, how would I do that?

Sorry if this is basic, but need the help.

Plaese tell us your specific TV model.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)