Intelsat 1R at 50°W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Andrew K

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 30, 2011
Akron, Ohio
I was doing some searching, and I found TBN Enlace on 50W... 11051 V Symbol Rate 27902. Can anyone else verify that this is the correct satellite? I didn't even know there was anything there.

Andrew K

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 30, 2011
Akron, Ohio
I did a scan, and you're right. It came up with 99 channels. It looks like this contains the good cable channels in Spanish... all scrambled of course.

Copykat

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 16, 2010
NE US
These encrypted services usually have a good EPG for many channels that are FTA on other satellites.

jlrpes

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 6, 2009
Dallas
I am trying to get that Sat too. I brought a Claro TV box from El Salvador to see the local channels they have there. They do have TBN Enlace

xtgold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 17, 2008
nutmeg state
It's there.
You need a universal lnb to see the four tps it has.
all V all 27900
coolsat 5000 I entered the tp info manually to aim,I get quality 93% on a 1meter dish in ct.
Scanned for channels,no channels found.I assume s2?
Hooked up the openbox and did a blindscan,it found those tp's and the 99 channels.
Probably irdeto2 encrypted,at least I was able to see an epg on the openbox.
openbox quality was 76%

xtgold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 17, 2008
nutmeg state
on my fixed dish I mark the mounting pole whenever I find a sat,so 50w is anther mark to add.
I have an old label maker I make labels with the sat degrees and elevation,I stick on the back of the dish for rapid re-aiming.

xtgold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 17, 2008
nutmeg state
the old coolsat would tell you the type of encryption on encrypted non s2 channels,I miss that feature.
I like to know what I am being teased with.

xtgold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 17, 2008
nutmeg state
n2

the old coolsat would tell you the type of encryption on encrypted non s2 channels,I miss that feature.
I like to know what I am being teased with.

some old posts from last year on spanish sites say the channels are n2
Some of the channels they listed are no longer there,like the networks.

Andrew K

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 30, 2011
Akron, Ohio
I notified Sathint, and they now have it listed. They actually already had that TP listed, except there wasn’t anything free and clear. However, they’re showing that TP as a South American footprint, and that’s not true if I’m getting it in Ohio.

jlrpes

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 6, 2009
Dallas
Ok, Question. Since I already have a 2.5 meter dish pointing to 58W for Sky Mexico. Would it be better to buy a signal meter to locate 50W or I can just locate it by moving the antenna a bit? I saw in Dishpointer were I have to move it; it is not a big diference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts