Interesting May Viewer Advisory Board Survey

I think allowing a company that holds itself as a christian entity to do a very unchristian thing with a shrug and an "oh well" to be a bastardization of that it is to be Christian. It is something that should be punished!

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear in my analogy. Jesus may have been fullfilling prophecy when he did what he did in the temple, but it is also very clear that he (the man named Jesus) was PISSED as a man that the temple elders would allow the temple to be used in such a fashion! He didn't say, "Oh well". He tore the place up! He didn't "get over it". He was crusified for that and other offences againt his (small h) "church"

No I am not willing to die for this unforgivable act of contract violation (and that is what it is a violation of a contract between SA and Life-Long subscribers). But, like Jesus, I want to tear the lying establishment that calls itself Christian a new one in my own small way. I have talked 4 people so far out of this service and pointed them towards GloryStar! I will continue to do this actively as long as SA refuses to live up to their obligations or until they go under!

And please do not mistake it for bitterness. It is not bitterness. It is trying to extract some justice for their breach of contract. I cannot get my money back directly. But indirectly I can extact money from their pockets until they decide to act like the Christian organization the represent themselves to be.

See ya
Tony

I guess I cannot put 4 channels at the same level as bastardizing the temple. Maybe its just me, but it seems like it is a very different level of offense. :)

Brad

It is. And so is my response!

Look, if some here do not get the analogy, I can't help you. The comment was a good christian would not act. My point is that Christ himself acted when he thought the situation demanded it. Now the question is not whether some sort of action is christian or not. The question is "what is the breaking point?"

Like I said: many people will just shrug and say "oh well". But it is still a broken promise from an organization that calls itself Christian. This organization that calls itself Christian LIED TO MY FACE with a smile it was taking my money. That is the breaking point for me!

See ya
Tony

Interesting is what upset Christ is when he saw other people being harmed. In the incidence of the temple, we see that merchants were price gouging poor worshipers. That is what Christ inferred with His "den of thieves" comment. Notice, Christ wasn't angry because He was getting ripped off. He was angry to see the poor being taken advantage of. When Christ was personally wronged, He prayed for the Father to forgive those doing Him wrong, for they knew not what they did.

Most of us one the other hand, are often quick to get angry when someone harms us. When we are hurt personally, we get upset. However when we see others suffering injustice we are more likely to look the other way.

Only if you elevate every infraction by a (Christian) business to that of selling "junk" in the temple. The clear idea in that Scripture was that He was clearing the Temple to make it a house of prayer. I don't think SkyAngel or satellite TV will ever be a "house of prayer" no matter how much we "cleanse it." :)

Perhaps you are right, but I would encourage you to step back and see if you may not be wasting your energy. Though I suspect it will take a few years before you have a chance of seeing that this very well may have been a "tempest in a teapot."

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts