Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I got the following screen shot sent to me by a DirecTV beta tester.

I am told that this screen shot is NOT from a R-10 receiver, instead this screen shot is from a DirecTV DVR running the upcoming 6.1 version of the Tivo software.

With the information in this picture one has to wonder if HMO is far behind. :)

Attachments

• transfer.jpg
    transfer.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,829
That is some what promising. Here is to hoping D* got their head out of their ass and decided to start HMO.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I got the following screen shot sent to me by a DirecTV beta tester.

I am told that this screen shot is NOT from a R-10 receiver, instead this screen shot is from a DirecTV DVR running the upcoming 6.1 version of the Tivo software.

I think sometime around the first of the year we all will know more and have a very happy new year. Don't you think so Scott. I think so.

2005 will be the year for Directv. HMO for the current DTivos, a new high capacity satellite being launched, AND, more HD!!

Neutron said:
2005 will be the year for Directv. HMO for the current DTivos, a new high capacity satellite being launched, AND, more HD!!
It be be a great year for D* indeed, however, 2005 will be the year of cable sad to say. This article will tell you more on why. I used to work for Level 3 and trust me, this is nothing short of huge for Comcast, it gives them an UNLIMITED amount of bandwidth (limited only by thier balance sheet) AND provides for a lot of "last mile" that they would not otherwise have. D* will need SpaceWay 1-20 just to keep up :(

So here's the $64K question: Is it worth my time/money to go ahead and get a DirecTivo now or should I wait unitl March or so?

slacker9876 said:
It be be a great year for D* indeed, however, 2005 will be the year of cable sad to say. This article will tell you more on why. I used to work for Level 3 and trust me, this is nothing short of huge for Comcast, it gives them an UNLIMITED amount of bandwidth (limited only by thier balance sheet) AND provides for a lot of "last mile" that they would not otherwise have. D* will need SpaceWay 1-20 just to keep up :(

DirecTV will be fine because they will offer all this stuff just like Comcast but Comcast will still need to charge 80 bucks more a month to pay for all that crap. Now granted I would love to see Comcast follow through on this and not raise prices much because as always it helps all of us unless you don't have Comcast in your area like I do in Florida and your still better off than I would be with BHN. Now Comcast in Boston at least where my house is just never stays up long enough to justify their price compared to Voom and DirecTV. But none the less its amazing to have all that bandwidth these days.

mhking said:
So here's the $64K question: Is it worth my time/money to go ahead and get a DirecTivo now or should I wait unitl March or so?

I would wait until March because if they do charge for this multiswitch you might get it thrown in with a new DVR purchase. It just depends but if it would cost more than 100 bucks which I highly doubt you could always buy another DVR and get the switch thrown in for free.

LonghornXP said:
DirecTV will be fine because they will offer all this stuff just like Comcast but Comcast will still need to charge 80 bucks more a month to pay for all that crap. Now granted I would love to see Comcast follow through on this and not raise prices much because as always it helps all of us unless you don't have Comcast in your area like I do in Florida and your still better off than I would be with BHN. Now Comcast in Boston at least where my house is just never stays up long enough to justify their price compared to Voom and DirecTV. But none the less its amazing to have all that bandwidth these days.
Yeah that is all limited by their 100M investment, because you are 100% correct on that the customer pays for all of it anyway. Level 3 charges by the bit ;) I am just saying, with the right financial backing they could kill off D* E* & V* in one swoop with this kind of delivery service. Besides, they stated (in the article) that it would be used for moderate expansion of current services.

slacker9876 said:
Yeah that is all limited by their 100M investment, because you are 100% correct on that the customer pays for all of it anyway. Level 3 charges by the bit ;) I am just saying, with the right financial backing they could kill off D* E* & V* in one swoop with this kind of delivery service. Besides, they stated (in the article) that it would be used for moderate expansion of current services.

I am sorry to say that Comcast by themselves, no matter what they do, will never kill D*, E*, or Voom because there are another couple of dozen cable companies out there and not everyone can get Comcast.

Scott Greczkowski said:

It looks to me like that is new TIVO feature where you can send friends and family different shows... I forget what it's called...

~Alan<~~~~~~~Who isn't really here....

Alan Gordon said:
It looks to me like that is new TIVO feature where you can send friends and family different shows... I forget what it's called...

~Alan<~~~~~~~Who isn't really here....
TiVoToGo!

slacker9876 said:

All that bandwidth.... and still no NFL Sunday Ticket. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PAX 66 for Tampa Bay Area of Florida now on DirecTV:

recommend a hd receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)