iOS 6 Installed

Just read the rumor and it appears you all are confirming it. Bloomberg says Apple is dropping support for YT on iOS 6. Are they nuts? Curious to see if 3rd party app will function. I hope Apple isn't planning on doing with YT what they did with Flash. I need to watch this one closely. I have too much invested in Apple right now for this bad decision to pull the rug out from under the stock, like what happened to me with Netflix. What do you think Mike? Are you concerned?

Apple Drops YouTube App from iOS 6 -Report
3:09p ET August 6, 2012 (Dow Jones)
Apple Drops YouTube App from iOS 6 -Report

Apple Inc.'s (AAPL) upcoming iOS 6 won't include a YouTube app since the license has expired, The Verge reported Monday.
Apple said in a statement that "our license to include the YouTube app in iOS has ended, customers can use YouTube in the Safari browser and Google is working on a new YouTube app to be on the App Store," according to the report.

Full story at Apple: YouTube app will not be included in iOS 6, Google working on standalone version | The Verge

Just took some profits on a dozen shares. The stock is turning with this news. Hopefully, I won't have to sell any more.

Just can't look away for a minute on this stuff!

Again not a big deal, Youtube works fine in Safari. (In fact it looks better)

Good to hear. Hope the press gets this story straight. So far it looks like the stock is holding after dropping a little over a $ with this news. I was planning to sell this on the 8th anyway, a day ahead of the EX dividend day. Just caught me by surprise today. I think we're going to see some roller coaster rides for Apply in the next 2 months. Good opportunity to make some money. :)

Scott- does that recognize the 3D option? I know we can't see true 3D on the ipad but this may allow us to use anaglyph for 3D YT. We never could do that before on the ipad. The 3D options were disabled.

Nope... Just side by side format. :(

Attachments

• image-1121882607.jpg
    image-1121882607.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 85
Tried logging in and not using the mobile mode.

Got a message about no HTML hardware 3D support detected.

It wouldn't let me click on the configure 3D option. :(

Attachments

• image-3276175490.jpg
    image-3276175490.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 79
I just tried it on android app and no 3D button there either. Loging in on Google app just displays the same as the YT app. Might be able to do it with an independent browser like Firefox. Is there such a thing for mobile hardware?

Yup the new maps are there (and if you notice its powered by TomTom now) but everytime I try using the Turn by Turn directions the app crashes when I start typing in an address.
What if you already have the Tom Tom APP on your phone? Is it different than the APP? Would it now be a waste of money to buy the APP?

That was my next step, but I rebooted my iPhone and tried again and it worked. Both machines, iPhone and iPad are updated. Haven't seen anything other than you tube gone.