iPhone 3.0 Software

I'll be waiting until jailbreak is available. It's driving me crazy, this waiting! :)

BTW, been using copy & paste for a while with Clippy.

Have yet to read the comments.
Thanks for pointing that out.

No problem Dodger. If you read through the comments there is a way that only requires a registry change on the PC and then loading a new carrier file into the phone. You don't have to deinstall and reinstall iTunes and everything else like the article states.

I must jailbreak to sling over 3g. It is a must. Anyone run SlingMobile on 3.0?

I am sure the owner of this site is already doing it.:)

Since I am getting the new iphone 3GS, I will have to wait a month or so for a jailbreak.

BTW. The Sling over 3g is my primary reason for the jailbreak too!!

Well, I couldn't wait. Hopefully the jailbreak will be out "soon."

Word of warning, if you jailbroke your phone and used the Categories app to clean up your home screens, they are still "cleaned up" after the upgrade to 3.0. Meaning that you should use "Poof" or other means to put the important stuff back on the home screen before upgrading.

As for me, most of the stuff I had put in Categories is inaccessible, until Pwn 3.0 is available and I can fix it. Oopsie! :)

So far 3.0 seems pretty stable to me, I heard there was some problem yesterday with Apple Servers being overloaded for activation but my download went off without a hitch. Copy and paste is nice as well as landscape keyboard for e-mails.

Ok apple is dumb. The Bluetooth audio is retarded. They enable A2DP, but not AVRCP. What the point of Bluetooth Headset if you can't control the device.

Finally! Jailbreaking for 3.0 is now available for iPhone, iPhone 3G and first generation iPod touch. If you own a mac, that is.

Dev-Team Blog

If your iPhone 3G is not on the authorized provider, you need to wait a while longer.

Finally got it jailbroken. Restoring backup, next step is the interminable sync which will reupload my appstore stuff, music, video, etc. Then to go find all my jailbroken apps again. Fun! *

The procedure I used was kind of convoluted due to the fact that I had already installed the stock 3.0, and though I could use the mac tool on my hackintosh to prepare the file, I just noticed it doesn't recognize devices hotplugged on the usb ports, so I couldn't install it from there. I had to move the file over to a pc and use what I found in the comments on the dev-team's blog:

Props go out to EriCKY for this 16xx fix:

1. download QuickPwn RC3
2. download iphone 2.0.2 ipsw
3. Run quickpwn rc3 and do everything it says untul your iphone has a white screen.
4. unplug your iphone, turn off quickpwn and turn on itunes.
5. shift click restore in itunes and pick the 3.0 jailbroken firmware

* this definition of "Fun" means having to go through a bunch of crap just to be able to do whatever I like with something I own.

Last edited:
Ok apple is dumb. The Bluetooth audio is retarded. They enable A2DP, but not AVRCP. What the point of Bluetooth Headset if you can't control the device.
Have to agree. Let's hope they enable AVRCP with a patch. You can control play/pause , but not skipping forward or back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)