IR remote extender for mini genie?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There aren't any extenders for Genies (or mini clients) that I know of. That said, the Genie and client will receive RF signals if you use an RC71 remote (and can still use IR signals if you use something like a sling box).

What are you trying to do?

I want the mini placed behind my TV. And with RF for some reason it only works if the remote is aimed or close to the TV. And I'm about maybe 10 feet away if that.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

That is unusual, RF should work from long distances and IR from ten feet or so. I have my HR44 in my basement office and can use the RF remote from my garage on the other end of the house, so that doesn't sound right. Are you sure you set it up as RF?

That's my old post on this.

I can cover all IR sensors on the remote and it works. But again has to be near or and level. Very strange. I know.

I'm getting a newer mini genie I hope Monday (long story short, left DirecTV and coming back)

Sorry didn't realize you had HR34. If you have DirecTV out tell them of any trouble you've had with the HR34 as well, especially if the remote is acting up. If you can get upgraded to a HR44 while the tech is there you will be better off.

Sorry didn't realize you had HR34. If you have DirecTV out tell them of any trouble you've had with the HR34 as well, especially if the remote is acting up. If you can get upgraded to a HR44 while the tech is there you will be better off.

At this time I have zero boxes. So the hr34 can affect the mini genie in another room?

I hope they have the hr44

someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but i thin any IR extender will work. check the usual sites for A/V gear and you will see a IR extenders. Just look for one with a good review and it shoudl work fine with you HR34.

Thank you great suggestion.

Was looking for one that plugged into the box though. Like how the TiVo unit is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you great suggestion.

Was looking for one that plugged into the box though. Like how the TiVo unit is.

They won't plug in, but you can attach them right to the HR34 box. You could make it look very clean if you do something like this-

8220fside2big.jpg

I recently had to install an IR Repeater at my Mom's house since she had to replace an old Legacy RF receiver with a D12 IR box. Since there are no RF SD boxes available from D*, I needed to use an IR Repeater since the D12 signal is routed to multiple rooms.

I bought a couple of these from Monoprice.com . So far, they're working good.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011009&p_id=9194&seq=1&format=2

Mom's house is a one-story home but these should work ok in most home setup distances.

Hopefully today when D* installer arrives - they will have the hr44 and c41 which I take has better RF remotes...

fingers crossed
thanks all

well Installer came with HR44 and 41 - I was very happy....

... but I forgot in the excitement to switch the 41 to RF... installer already left. And for the life of me I can't switch it to RF. I actually thought the HR44 and 41 was only RF which is why I 'forgot' to ask.

I select RF in the menu, press select and mute... wait for the flashes -- press 961 then channel up and then enter... i can hear the "bong" noise with each key I press but no other action on screen. unless I go back to he section where it asks RF or IR and it now shows IR.

what is wrong with me :)

well Installer came with HR44 and 41 - I was very happy....

... but I forgot in the excitement to switch the 41 to RF... installer already left. And for the life of me I can't switch it to RF. I actually thought the HR44 and 41 was only RF which is why I 'forgot' to ask.

I select RF in the menu, press select and mute... wait for the flashes -- press 961 then channel up and then enter... i can hear the "bong" noise with each key I press but no other action on screen. unless I go back to he section where it asks RF or IR and it now shows IR.

what is wrong with me :)

It seems after rebooting it, no problem with RF mode.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts