Iraq (a try to have some meanningful conversation...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Haller said:
We are now part of the problem rather than part of the solution....

These are the same arguments made about vietnam....

We finally pulled out and the world didnt end. Vietnam is a pretty prosperous country today.

Uh, no it isn't Bob. GDP is 39th in the world. Compare that with 16th for South Korea. You can bet if we had stayed there it would be a different country today.

Chado said:
But I don't understand how staying longer will help things. Our credibility really can't get much lower than it already is. I personally think it's an insult to the American people that one person died over there. I don't mean that as an attack on anybody here, just my own personal opinion.

Glad to explain it. It is a certainty that Iraq will stabilize sooner or later if we stay. Most of the attacks going on right now are against Iraqi citizens rather than the US military. If we cut and run perhaps the Iraqi Army can gain control but it also could be that the country will fall into chaos.

We have had Bush and Rumsfeld out there for three years now saying we will stay the course. If we don't do that, THEN we lose credibility. What do we gain if we stay the course and Iraq stabilizes (as it will)? A base right in the heart of the Middle East from which we can launch future operations if needed.

Bob Haller said:
well guess what? if you choose to make war you must overwhelm them, and provide adquate security once you defeat the military.

Hey Bob-good news we agree on that point! :)

Bob Haller said:
meanwhile the real enemy osama bin laden was never found.........

if we had used the resources wasted in iraq we would of had his head on a stick long ago.

And things were going so well. ;)

You can only get Bin Laden by using the overwhelming force option you mentioned or if our special forces manage to get him because he is hiding in either Pakistan or Iran. It is going to be very tough to get him with the kind of limited war we are fighting.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Hey Bob-good news we agree on that point! :)
And things were going so well. ;)

You can only get Bin Laden by using the overwhelming force option you mentioned or if our special forces manage to get him because he is hiding in either Pakistan or Iran. It is going to be very tough to get him with the kind of limited war we are fighting.

Bin Laden is the self admitted cause of 9 11. Yet we fight a limited war to find him.

We should of invaded anywhere or bombed him ruthlessely.

he attack the us and we make nice.

but be loud and threaten we take over your country

whats wong with this picture?

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Uh, no it isn't Bob. GDP is 39th in the world. Compare that with 16th for South Korea. You can bet if we had stayed there it would be a different country today.

Vietnam was always a rural agricutural based country. Probably because of its location and favorable growing conditions.

Theres lots of stuff beyond GDP to rate a country by.

certinally peace should be one....

We really shouldnt be the worlds policeman. make us energy indenpendent and the area isnt important like it is today.

plus our meddling is why the terrorists dont like us. quit mucking and they might lose interest in us

Last edited:
bob,

peace is not only the absence of war. Saddam had no wars for many years, was it peaceful there? i bet if mass graves could talk....they'd say NO!!

Can I get some moderator action here?
Please remove dragon's retarded mumblings - this guy couldn't produce a single coherent sentence...

TIA :)

dragon002 said:
bob,

peace is not only the absence of war. Saddam had no wars for many years, was it peaceful there? i bet if mass graves could talk....they'd say NO!!

So WE should be the worlds policeman? saddam was bad, but so is chaos which rules the country today.

every country has the right to select its own leaders and make its own decisions...

we should leavve them alone unless they threaten others

Lets knock the flaming off guys. It seems that all of sudden there are 5 topics that basically are the same thing and its pretty lame if you ask me.

Nobdody is going to change their views regardless of how much it is argued to death. So keep it civil or it will be closed and new topic of the same matter will also be closed.

So lets just have fun and not attack each other's views poltical or otherwise :)

dragon002 said:
he is the kind of guy id like to report to homeland security if i had his ip address:devil: :devil:

Jesus, what an idiot you are... on what basis, silly boy? :D
FYI: I'm a permanent resident (for rednecks: green card), you cheap stoolie... :rolleyes:

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
I can answer that. No, he isn't and this is the type of individual any immigration reform bill should be concerned about.

Ouch, another "highly educated" boy... :D FYI: I won't be effected by any immigration reform.

Last edited:
Iceberg said:
Lets knock the flaming off guys. It seems that all of sudden there are 5 topics that basically are the same thing and its pretty lame if you ask me.

Nobdody is going to change their views regardless of how much it is argued to death. So keep it civil or it will be closed and new topic of the same matter will also be closed.

So lets just have fun and not attack each other's views poltical or otherwise :)

Seconded - I'll go back to ignore the ignorants. ;)

Thanks for chiming in. :)

Bob Haller said:
plus our meddling is why the terrorists dont like us. quit mucking and they might lose interest in us

bob,

i was waiting for that one! remember Neville Chamberlain?? pacifism does not work. the terrorists hit US FIRST. so we go and KILL ALL OF THEM. no more problem.

ever see the movie "tombstone" Kurt Russell says, " i see a man wearing a red sash (terrorist) i kill him, tell them I'm coming and HELL IS COMING WITH ME".

why?? because we can. and yes bob, MIGHT makes RIGHT.

Bob Haller said:
So WE should be the worlds policeman? saddam was bad, but so is chaos which rules the country today.

every country has the right to select its own leaders and make its own decisions...

we should leavve them alone unless they threaten others

bob,

when was saddam selected?? elected?? chosen?? he was a dictator. ruling by force.

dragon002 said:
bob,

when was saddam selected?? elected?? chosen?? he was a dictator. ruling by force.

Together with dozens of other dictators we supported during the last 50 years, including Saddam. BTW his chemical weapons have been supplied by Reagan, via his special envoy and this special envoy not only delivered the chemicals for Saddam but became a good, backlapping friend of Saddam - his name was Donald Rumsfeld.

Just a short history lesson for ignorants...

Iceberg said:
So keep it civil or it will be closed and new topic of the same matter will also be closed.
I personally think this post has gotten out of hand. Some people that have posted are clearly "over the limit". I won't read any more, and hope the mod's close it! I am all for debating issues, but this is a little too much! Like Iceberg said "keep it civil"!
Tom in Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts