Iron Man blasts out on Blu-ray

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Iron Man blasts out on Blu-ray - 10/7/2008 - Video Business

20%, not bad. Number of players is growing.

OCT. 7 | Iron Man is enjoying superhero Blu-ray Disc strength, tracking as the top format debut to date at Best Buy and other retailers.
An average of about 20% of Iron Man’s total unit sales are on Blu-ray, according to retail sources, though in some instances, its share goes as high as 50%. By comparison, the Blu-ray portion for many recent popular titles, including I Am Legend, logged about 9% of sales in the format, according to Adams Media Research.
One industry source said Iron Man Blu-ray sales range from 10% to 30% of the title’s total sales, varying by retailer. In some isolated cases, including at retailers Amazon.com and DeepDiscount.com, Iron Man’s Blu-ray version is selling more briskly than one or more of the film’s standard DVD SKUs.
Paramount Home Entertainment bowed Iron Man on Sept. 30. The studio has not yet commented on the title’s sales.
According to retailers, one key reason behind the movie’s success on Blu-ray is its appeal to comic book, special effects and videogame fans—the crowd most likely to be early adopters and own PlayStation 3 consoles, which playback Blu-ray discs.

JohnL

Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 23, 2003
Spencerport, NY
That is great news.............I wonder what percentage the Dark Knight will be?

BluBronco,

I have never purchased a Bluray Disc although almost 95 percent of my viewing experience on Disc is BluRay. I will say I plan on purchasing The Dark Knight.

I'll bet The Dark Knight BluRay will eclipse the sell through of Iron Man Bluray Disc for several reasons; 1) Dark Knight was a much bigger draw at the box office, 2) The installed base of BluRay by the end of December will be much higher.

We are already seeing BluRay players selling for as low as $215, by the holiday season we could see prices in the mid $100 range. DVD's time in the spotlight is drawing to a close.

John

Samsung 2550 blu-ray now with extra netflix.

Has anyone purchased the Panasonic DMP-BD55K?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts