Irving Fryar

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
I just learned that a month ago he and his mother (age 72) were indicted for defrauding banks out of $690,000. Was it widely reported at the time? I only stumbled onto this after seeing two different recent football stories that each brought Fryar to mind: one was an unrelated story about a player with a troubled past that eventually straightened out and the other was about a team cutting one of its kickoff return men, so I went to Fryar's Wikipedia page, just to refresh my recollections, and was dismayed to see that it has been absolutely sanitized, which is to say, no knife fights, no car crashes, no filing of false police reports, no getting bashed over the head with baseball bat stories... and no update of this latest story. My favorite Fryar story was how he chased an armed robber for three blocks but couldn't catch him, which must have made for a short suspect list, since there were probably only about a hundred people in the whole world that he couldn't have out run back then. If I get some time later on, I'll have to update his Wikipedia page. I bet if I just go back to prior versions, I'll find that all of those stories once were there. Similarly, last time I checked Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari's page, someone had done him a favor and cleared out a lot of stories of his checkered past that I just know had to have been posted at one time.

Wikipedia doesn't mention my former customer, former NBA basketball player Ennis Whatley's 2012 bankruptcy filing, following his 2003 bankruptcy filing. Nor does it have a page on his wife, who was a piece of work. She and two other customers of mine (same person had introduced me to all of them) had fleeced an elderly senile person out of $4 million and they were ordered to repay it. I remember that when she was my customer, I was trying to figure out how a journeyman basketball player could afford to buy the gigantic house they just moved into that cost more than his lifetime playing earnings. In fairness to Ennis, who I did not meet, he was not implicated in any way in the fleecings.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts