Is It A Bad Thing That ScoBuck Is So Quiet?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am because my guy was wrong last week, and until I see what the match is between what I have heard and what happens THIS week, I prefer being MUM.

Because whether I say something or not, it won't change what you will see added at 6AM.
;)

:eureka

I remember a time when a certain someone was running around the E* forums declaring D* would be adding 10/week, every week.

Indeed. Also "10-15". Pardon my paraphrasing.

that is not paraphrasing - that is intentionally misquoting. almost and every week are not close to each other.

I also said a total of 75-80 by the end of the year, did I not? Forgot to mention that part of it as well?

Ok - then. The point in bringing this up is......................?

Spill it dude. You still have issues? I suggest if you do to send a PM.

how about we get back to HD chat.... let's start with why i got a flyer in the mail today from D* with all their new HD channels (including MSG-HD and FSNNY-HD).... i really wish we could get an official answer on what's going on with these two channels.

Thanks Byron. Funny thing is, I have been trying to get some answers on those, and I can't!

Something must be up though, it is clear that those 2 channels were in the pipeline - and hopefully they still are. I don't see any 'official' type of reply from DirecTv though.

Thanks Byron. Funny thing is, I have been trying to get some answers on those, and I can't!

Something must be up though, it is clear that those 2 channels were in the pipeline - and hopefully they still are. I don't see any 'official' type of reply from DirecTv though.

i was already pretty dissatisfied about the botched launches for these two channels but getting this flyer in the mail today just threw fuel on the fire. i think i'm going to photocopy the flyer and attach it to a letter to the office of the president.

that is not paraphrasing - that is intentionally misquoting. almost and every week are not close to each other.

I also said a total of 75-80 by the end of the year, did I not? Forgot to mention that part of it as well?

Ok - then. The point in bringing this up is......................?

Spill it dude. You still have issues? I suggest if you do to send a PM.

Almost every week and every week are not close to each other? They are almost the same. That is what almost means. And no, I did not forget to quote other things from you. I brought up the claim I wanted to discuss.

Almost every week and every week are not close to each other? They are almost the same. That is what almost means. And no, I did not forget to quote other things from you. I brought up the claim I wanted to discuss.

Hey Sapient,
Where did you suddenly come from ?
Sco has had plenty of accurate info, he's entitled to be off a bit once in a while.
I would rather hear what may come than not hear anything at all.
Without info from people like Sco and many others, no one would have any idea what D* is doing.

Jimbo

:eureka

I remember a time when a certain someone was running around the E* forums declaring D* would be adding 10/week, every week.

Hmmm... well, Bucky, let's go to the tape...

9/26- 21 new HD channels added
10/03- 11 new HD channels added
10/04- 1 new HD channel added (MHD, added a day late due to technical issues)
10/10- 4 new HD channels added
10/15- 17 new HD channels added (including the seven additional HD PPV channels)
10/29- 1 new HD channel added
10/31- 1 new HD channel added

(All the above channels are 24/7 channels in MPEG 4 HD. There are other HD channels added that were MPEG 2 channels remapped to the eventual MPEG 4 locations-these were not counted. Also the part time HD RSNs FSN Pittsburgh and FSN Midwest and the Big Ten Network alternate HD channels were not included in the above counts.)

With all that being said, let's tally them up.

21+11+1+4+17+1+1=56.

Now, from Wednesday, 9/26 until today, Wednesday 10/31, is five weeks.

56 new HD channels divided by five weeks equals...

11.2 channels per week.

True, it wasn't a week by week progression. D* decided to start with a "Shock and Awe" campaign, then follow it up with a second, slightly smaller round on the weekend the new ad campaign was launched. Still, the figures do not lie.

Mission accomplished.

Almost every week, and every week are two much different hings.

I suggest you end your feuding NOW.

Hmmm... well, Bucky, let's go to the tape...

9/26- 21 new HD channels added
10/03- 11 new HD channels added
10/04- 1 new HD channel added (MHD, added a day late due to technical issues)
10/10- 4 new HD channels added
10/15- 17 new HD channels added (including the seven additional HD PPV channels)
10/29- 1 new HD channel added
10/31- 1 new HD channel added

(All the above channels are 24/7 channels in MPEG 4 HD. There are other HD channels added that were MPEG 2 channels remapped to the eventual MPEG 4 locations-these were not counted. Also the part time HD RSNs FSN Pittsburgh and FSN Midwest and the Big Ten Network alternate HD channels were not included in the above counts.)

With all that being said, let's tally them up.

21+11+1+4+17+1+1=56.

Now, from Wednesday, 9/26 until today, Wednesday 10/31, is five weeks.

56 new HD channels divided by five weeks equals...

11.2 channels per week.

True, it wasn't a week by week progression. D* decided to start with a "Shock and Awe" campaign, then follow it up with a second, slightly smaller round on the weekend the new ad campaign was launched. Still, the figures do not lie.

Mission accomplished.

The post in question was made on 9/30, so channels added on 9/26 do not count. The average since that prediction was made is 5.8, with only one week out of 6 being in the 10-15 range.

The post in question was made on 9/30, so channels added on 9/26 do not count. The average since that prediction was made is 5.8, with only one week out of 6 being in the 10-15 range.

And now we can track the average number of times per day you bring up the same complaint. Have you looked at the number of channels remaining? How do you think it is possible to continue with 10+ per week for the remainder of the year? Anyone being reasonable would see that we added 10+ per week on average until there weren't channels available to add.

I may be off here, but I don't think there are that many channels that exist that aren't already up. The two NY sports networks are holdouts, but I am not blaming DirecTV for them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)