Is it possible to split feed signal on Hopper setup??

flubberducky

Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
Dryden, MI
Hello, gurus!

I need to pick your enormous brains once again:

We have a single Hopper installation with 4 Joeys. Over the summer, I purchased a VIP211k receiver to use in our motorhome, and simply added it to our existing Hopper account (for $7.00/month). Now that the motorhome is closed up for the winter, I would like to use the VIP211k in the house, on one of the TVs that is not currently hooked up to a Joey. Outside, the LNB feeds are routed through a "Solo Node", with only the "To Host" connection being used on the ouput side. The "To Client" connection is terminated (please see attached jpeg). My question is this: Can I simply split the signal at the "To Host" connection, and route a cable to the VIP211k? If not, is there any other way to accomplish this, besides buying a separate dish?? (BTW, using the "To Client" connection doesn't work - - I already tried!)

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

Regards,

Flubberducky

Attachments

• Solo_node_185834_001.JPG
    Solo_node_185834_001.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 344
Thanks for the quick reply, guys!

I just went out to take another look at the hook-up, and there are currently no switches in use. There are simply two coax cables coming out of the dish, and then into the solo node. I have no idea whether or not there are multible connectors (for additional cables) on the LNB's. The dish itself only says "Dish HD" on it, but the sticker on the back says "dp Plus" (please see jpeg, below).

Dish_Plus_serial_no_001.JPG

I'll pop the cover off to see if there are another pair of connections on the LNB's, but if not, could I split the existing LNB lines, then add a switch to the two new cables, with the single output connected to the 211?? If so, please advise me as to what switch I would need.

Thanks again, guys!

Flubberducky

i don't think you can split the signal on the 211K receiver with that lnb setup because it is only made for the Hopper and Joey setup if you know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)