Is IT True, Dish Will Not Allow It.

pontiac 1933

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2023
Kansas
I'm here to find out a couple matters regarding what Dish will allow or not allow.
I've been a Dish customer since 1998, and have my own antenna and receivers. On a pole in the back yard (a old C-Band pole) is a 1000.2 Western Arc antenna with a Slimline Hybrid LNB coax to a Vip211k receiver in the family room. Also, on this (same) pole is a Dish 500 HD (black) antenna with a DPP Pro (Dual) LNB coax to a Vip211K in the den downstairs. This setup was so that I have one antenna to each receiver.
Now the 64,000 dollar question. I've been told and have read that I cannot have a Wally receiver in the upstairs (family) room and keep the Vip211K in the den on the "same account" and per Dish Network.
My reason for the Wally upgrade, the Vip211K in the upstairs was installed in 2008 and it has some problems. I could buy another Vip211k, but, Dish may drop those receivers from being used.
What is the truth?

Thanks for the comments.

Here is another solution.
I could go with a Hopper 3 . Replacing the older Vip211k in the family room which is coax to the Dish 1000.2 WA antenna, and keep the Vip 211K in the den downstairs, which is on a separate Dish 500 with a DPP dual LNB. That way I would not have the extra $7.00 per month charge as it wouldn't be connected to the Hopper 3.

BTW> Just found out today that sat 129 is not longer working. That tells me why downloading the guide takes over 20 minutes.

Thanks for the comments.

Here is another solution.
I could go with a Hopper 3 . Replacing the older Vip211k in the family room which is coax to the Dish 1000.2 WA antenna, and keep the Vip 211K in the den downstairs, which is on a separate Dish 500 with a DPP dual LNB. That way I would not have the extra $7.00 per month charge as it wouldn't be connected to the Hopper 3.

BTW> Just found out today that sat 129 is not longer working. That tells me why downloading the guide takes over 20 minutes.
129 has been shutdown as of this past summer. Everything has been moved to the 119 and 110. If you're having signal issues or guide issues you're signal is probably below 30 and needs adjusted.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you go with a hopper 3 are you talking about purchasing one or leasing through dish? If you keep the 211k on the account your still going to pay the extra receiver fee..$5 or $7 per month..Your also going to pay $15 per month for the hopper 3 DVR fee or $10 per month if it's leased.

I will purchase a Hopper 3 receiver...nothing else. It will be coax to the Dish 1000.2 with the Slimline Hybrid LNBF antenna. I don't see having to buy a Dish Pro Hybrid LNB and a DPH42 switch to complete the upgrade.
Since there is no need for the sat 129 probe, I will cover it so it will not be in use. How many here think this will work and satisfy those "wannabes" at Dish Network.

I will purchase a Hopper 3 receiver...nothing else. It will be coax to the Dish 1000.2 with the Slimline Hybrid LNBF antenna. I don't see having to buy a Dish Pro Hybrid LNB and a DPH42 switch to complete the upgrade.
Since there is no need for the sat 129 probe, I will cover it so it will not be in use. How many here think this will work and satisfy those "wannabes" at Dish Network.
There's no need to cover the 129.

Also are you thinking the slimline and hybrid are different? Because all slimline are hybrid.
And while it will work without it, I do recommend adding a solo hub to the install

And not sure what you mean by wannabes at dish and what will satisfy them or why lol

I might be a bit too harsh on those Dish agents that seem never quite right on some question matters. Too many different answers on the same question asked.

I know there is no difference between the Slimline Hybrid and the Dish Pro Hybrid. I already have the Slimline hybrid attached to the dish, therefore no need to buy another one. Why do you recommend I need a hybrid solo hub?

I might be a bit too harsh on those Dish agents that seem never quite right on some question matters. Too many different answers on the same question asked.

I know there is no difference between the Slimline Hybrid and the Dish Pro Hybrid. I already have the Slimline hybrid attached to the dish, therefore no need to buy another one. Why do you recommend I need a hybrid solo hub?
Because Moca can flaw back to the Dish causing signal loss without it

Here you go. Obviously you wouldn’t have the joey, but imo if you're doing a hopper3 might as well get a Joey and ditch both 211s. Then you only need one dish with one cable from the dish and both tvs have access to recordings and internet features.

Attachments

• IMG_2454.jpeg
    IMG_2454.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 72