Is Rave only available with Voom Satellite?

sjones

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 21, 2004
I hate the idea that voom could go away and I've been comparison shopping just in case the signal goes down at the end of the month. The rave channel with all the concerts are really awesome, does dishnetwork or directv offer it under a different name? I can't seem to locate it on their websites.

Also, just want to add that voom is still taking new customers as of 3/4/05 6pmEST with the $1.00 dollar signup special and vava voom programming for $49.95 for the first 2 months.

sjones

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 21, 2004
thats what i thought.... its going to be a sad day if voom doesn't survive.

thxdan

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 19, 2004
Austin, TX
But, unlike the stuff on Auction HD or Gallery HD that was produced by/for Voom, Soundstage was originally produced by a PBS station. I've seen a few of those Soundstage episodes shown in OTA HD about a year ago on the PBS HD national schedule.

Same thing with Smart Travels on Equator: another PBS show that's been licensed to Rainbow.

The good news: these shows will live on, and be licensed to others in the future, no matter what happens.

danielle_s

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 27, 2004
Dodge City, Ks
thxdan said:
The good news: these shows will live on, and be licensed to others in the future, no matter what happens.
That maybe true, but how long do you think it's going to take in order for these shows to come to a "channel near you".

SeattleVoomer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 13, 2003
Actually, the reason we got into HDTV was because...

thxdan said:
But, unlike the stuff on Auction HD or Gallery HD that was produced by/for Voom, Soundstage was originally produced by a PBS station. I've seen a few of those Soundstage episodes shown in OTA HD about a year ago on the PBS HD national schedule.

Same thing with Smart Travels on Equator: another PBS show that's been licensed to Rainbow.

of Soundstage. We went out and bought a Samsung STB and Radio Shack indoor antenna and hooked them up. We switched to our local PBS station (one of the first 3 stations in the U.S. to broadcast HDTV), Soundstage was on with Tori Amos and we fell in love with HDTV. I'd never really liked Tori Amos before but this changed my perception of her. And I love music--have several thousand recordings--but had not really listened to and seen her before.

We got a mailed offer for VOOM no doubt since we subscribe to several video and audio mags in early Dec., '03, signed up 2 days later at $750 (a lot of money for us), got installed 12-12-03 and here we are still...

enjoying HDTV via VOOM under partly sunny Seattle skies, Gill

Walter L.

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2004
Portland, Oregon
thxdan said:

The difference is that VOOM offers those shows commercial-free and in Dolby Digital 5.1 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts