Is the Protection Plan Premier (or even PPP with ADH) workable if you're "moved"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I recently signed up for the Protection Plan and I like the 24/7 tech support and I plan to temporarily "move" back every two years for an upgrade then "move" back. But I was wondering if the Protection Plan Premier or even better the Protection Plan with ADH would be worth it since I'm "moved". Is there any legality issues (because the devices are at my legit address) or any other issues if I had my electronics covered with the higher protection plans and if something went wrong (which I don't plan on happening) where I could "move" back and get what needs to be replaced replaced?

They send you a box to send the small electronics back such as a tablet. Larger items such as large flat screens they send a tech out.

I don't think moving would invalidate the warranty. You could always move back

You can definitely use Premier/ADH if you're moved, however you need to "move back" before using either protection plan because your physical address is essential. I've received more than one check through my protection plan, and I'd really hate to have to make that phone call that it "went to the wrong address"

Since I'm very much against having moved accounts (used to drive me to madness when I was in Home Services), I can't recommend it for any reason, but if you keep a good working relationship with your CSRs, I'm sure you can pull whatever you want.

You can definitely use Premier/ADH if you're moved, however you need to "move back" before using either protection plan because your physical address is essential. I've received more than one check through my protection plan, and I'd really hate to have to make that phone call that it "went to the wrong address"

Since I'm very much against having moved accounts (used to drive me to madness when I was in Home Services), I can't recommend it for any reason, but if you keep a good working relationship with your CSRs, I'm sure you can pull whatever you want.

Two words: Crappy locals

If I am going to pay for TV, I should get all the networks, not whichever channels the government wants me to have. The package cost is the same for Burlington, VT and Boston, but Boston gets a lot more channels. That is ridiculous. I would like ACC Network on TV. I would like CW in HD. I would like Telemundo in HD. In my DMA, none of those things exist. Directv is the only provider that doesn't carry our CW, but I get it OTA in SD on a bit-starved subchannel. This is 2015! My true locals don't have DD5.1 all the time and not everything is HD. NH PBS is not HD in the Burlington DMA, but it is in Boston. I think it's a bad value to pay for Burlington locals when I get all of them OTA FOR FREE and they are not complete.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)