GEOSATpro Is There A Ku LNBF That Can Catch Most TPs Using The microHD

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Would like to buy a K/U LNBF that is able to receive almost all satellite TPs....So far I am only getting about half of the active shown TPs , using the microHD.

Any recommendation is appreciated.

Thank You.

PS..The signal quality is on the middle seventies.

If you are only receiving "half" of the transponders, you don't have your SKEW set correctly! Any ku lnb can get all the transponders, UNLESS you are trying to get circular ones (like for Dish Network)

So which "Half" of transponders are you getting, horizontal or vertical? Give us some satellites and transponders you are receiving, and maybe we can help further.

Sounds like something is wrong with polarity switching, or maybe as Primestar indicated, skew. Any LNB(F) should work well with the microHD. What LNB settings are you using, and what LNB?

Would like to buy a K/U LNBF that is able to receive almost all satellite TPs....So far I am only getting about half of the active shown TPs , using the microHD.

A 1.2 meter dish and the invacom LNBF combo works the best for me for ku, but I would give more consideration that it might not be the dish/LNBF you are using but rather that you may be using the wrong search settings as microHD's blind scan can miss quite a few signals depending on the settings you are using. User preference in blind scan settings is a big plus for this receiver, IMHO, as i can choose fast search, slower detailed search, or targeted SR range search if I know the typical SR of a signal the broadcaster I am looking for uses when looking for live event or news feeds.

What lnb are u using? tell me it isnt bandstacked. More work needs to be done so the stacked ones work properly.
did it work ok with your previous Box?

Thanks for the replies.

It is not that I am not receiving either horizontal or vertical, it is that I am not receiving as many channels as before.

Changed to the newest software and things changed after that.

Using same equipment invacom snh-031, the microhd , maybe the dish moved will have to check it out.

Missing all satellites after 103W...Raining right now, will check dish setup later on.

Will Inform of progress.

You know, when that happened to me a few months ago, I found out that some unknown insect had decided a good place to lay its cluster of eggs was on my lnb holder and it seems inside a tiny hole on the bottom of my Chapparal universal lnb! I changed out the lnb (and while at it, fitted it with a nicer quality coaxial line) and haven't had that problem again. So, check your coaxial as well as the lnb and dish :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts