Is there anything good on east of Galaxy 28?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mattwj2005

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
Hi guys,

Please bear with me on this question. I am looking to buy a FTA satellite system with my tax return. Unfortunately, I am not sure if I'll be able to get anything west Galaxy 28. Is it worth it? I live in North American and only know English. Ideally, I would like to pick up some of the programming on Galaxy 18 and Galaxy 19 but according to dishpointer.com it will be close. What are your thoughts on this? By the way if this helps, I can't get Dish Network in my apartment. I tried and failed because of this dang tree.

Regards,

Matt

East of G-28 or west? Title says east, body of your post says west.

Yes, there's plenty of FTA west of Galaxy 28... In fact, that's where most of the full-time channels are. Have you tried moving the dish to other positions, maybe far enough away from the trees to allow it to see over them?

East of G-28 there are fewer satellites with fewer full-time services, but there are plenty of feeds.

No, I am looking for east of that satellite not west. I am looking at like 89 W to 30 W. I haven't bought any equipment yet and I want to know if it is worth it. Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated. :)

There are still a good number of birds there, a couple of popular ones such as Hispasat and AMC-9 (RTN), but the biggest ones (in terms of number of full-time channels) are west of it.

Click on the link at the top for The List>it will give you an idea of whats up there on sats East of G28 (just look for the ones with smaller longitude numbers). I'll send you a priv msg too.

A dang tree is blocking my view. I might be able to get Galaxy 18 and 19 according to Dish Pointer, but it'll be close. The tree will most likely block everything in between Galaxy 18 and 19. The building will block everything west of Galaxy 18. I live on the 3rd floor (top floor) of an apartment. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.