Is there FTA radio for car like XM?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Most of FTA radio content can be accessed on mobile phones from their FTA websites, unless it is a paid service. You can then stream the content to your car radio.
some apps like Tune In allow you to listen to HD Radio content by US States, without actually haven't to buy an HD radio

I have an Sony XDR-F1HD HD radio receiver, purchased in 2008 with a $50 mail-in rebate for a final price of $49. I actually got it for its excellent DX capabilities, particularly on analog FM; they say that box fared among the upper-level machines of Marantz, Yamaha, etc. at their peak. The main reason is the DSP (SAF7730) chipset, I believe. It has been discontinued and I've seen them going for like $500 on E-Bay.

If you install a 30" dish on your car with a GPS positioner mount, then you may be able to receive WRN, Radio Jeddah, or Radio Congo :) .

Reactions: fred555
If you install a 30" dish on your car with a GPS positioner mount, then you may be able to receive WRN, Radio Jeddah, or Radio Congo

index.jpg

Never thought of scanning S-band to see if there are any FTA satellite TPs, but I am not really sure what digital format/mode they use...

One thing I do miss about "the good old days" is having a local radio station that everybody listens to. When I was a teenager there was a local rock station with a 52% market share. It caused a cultural common ground.

One good example of this was the movie "American Graffiti" where almost all scenes has station XERB Wolfman Jack show playing.

american-graffiti.jpg

As a kid in the 60s, I waited for nightfall so that I could listen to The Mighty 1090 XERB from 500 miles away. Taught me a lot about radio propagation.

Reactions: fhsucade07
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts