Is this for real?

Dah-Henny

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2007
Boone, North Carolina
I received a call from Dish "loyalty" a few days ago (866-668-8047), and was offered Starz at half price, for 6 months, IIRC. I turned down the offer, not knowing if it was a legitimate offer. The number is a real Dish number, but any number can be spoofed. Been a sub since '99, and they've never done this before.

You can get Starz for $5 off. No longer half price. Contact chat or dirt if you wanna take advantage of that offer. Keep in mind, technically, this offer is only available if you do not currently sub to Starz.

"I received a call from Dish "loyalty" a few days ago (866-668-8047)" I didn't want to quote the whole paragraph so the just pulled the line and " " it--from your post--dahenny--
I also received a call from that phone number about half off a premium package --i was a little hesitant about this but I said I really didn't want any of the premium channels and the gentleman on the other end said something about sports and said you can use the half off for the Multi-sport pack if I would like --I usually get Multi-Sport during the fall and winter. I told him that will work and he said he would add it and told me what my total cost, per month, would be with Multi-Sport added. Then we talked about sports for a couple of minutes and ended the call. I looked a little later and the sports pack was added.
The caller was a very pleasant to talk to--it was a good experience.

Reactions: Dah-Henny
I called dish 3 days ago to switch my credit card for autopay. After that was done the rep offered me 6 months starz for half price. I turned it down since I have access to starz on demand with blockbuster.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts