Is VeSeeBox V2 Pro a legitimate streaming device?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
My son recently asked me about a new streaming device that Amazon is selling for $329. The VeSee V2 Pro uses Android 11 operating system, 64 GB Flash memory, 4 GB RAM storage, Amlogic 905Y4 chipset enabling 10 bit HDR decoding, Bluetooth and WiFi. But they advertise free streaming without any subscription fees through their Heat servers.
They have a huge channel list that includes premium channels, regional and national sports, and local channels.

They claim that the high initial cost plus advertising pays for the content but economically it doesn’t seem to make sense to me. Is this a legitimate device or is it a scam or worse yet a pirated device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son recently asked me about a new streaming device that Amazon is selling for $329. The VeSee V2 Pro uses Android 11 operating system, 64 GB Flash memory, 4 GB RAM storage, Amlogic 905Y4 chipset enabling 10 bit HDR decoding, Bluetooth and WiFi. But they advertise free streaming without any subscription fees through their Heat servers.
They have a huge channel list that includes premium channels, regional and national sports, and local channels.

They claim that the high initial cost plus advertising pays for the content but economically it doesn’t seem to make sense to me. Is this a legitimate device or is it a scam or worse yet a pirated device.

Scam, it is just a Kodi (Pirate) box, remember if it sounds too good to be true……

This is who distributed it-

Detailed Seller Information​

Business Name: shenzhen ZYF Technology Limited
Business Address:
航空路华丰智谷A2座338
深圳市
宝安区
广东省
CN

There is no way that a Chinese Company would have rights to those stations and Cable Channels for Broadcast here.

These types of boxes are also notoriously full of malware that you don't want on your home network.

A friend of mine has one. It’s nothing more than an android box. It does not come loaded with kodi on it. But like any android box including fire stick, nvidia kodi can be loaded on it. What makes this box unique are the heat apps. They are impressive especially the live app. I really don’t see any need for kodi on this box. Is it legal? I have no idea. It is expensive. You still have to subscribe to Amazon, Netflix,etc . I have no desire to spend $300 on this. But I do believe it is up to the individual. I have enough to watch with dish and Netflix. So I guess the bottom line is buyer beware.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s just how they named their apps. They have heat live and heat vod. That’s their video on demand app

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.