Is WCPE still on SES 3 Ku at 103.0°W ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lassar

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Illinois
Lyngsat says Is WCPE still on SES 3 Ku at 103.0°W ?

Does anyone know whether it is still on SES 3 Ku at 103.0°W ?

sathint shows it still is

WCPE even has the info on their website (even though they have the wrong satellite listed still)
http://theclassicalstation.org/satellite.shtml

WCPE's Ku-Band signal is on the AMC-1 Satellite, 103° West, Transponder 12K, vertical polarization.
The digital tuning information is: Downlink 11942 MHz; IF 1192 MHz; FEC 3/4; Symbol Rate 20 ms/s; Audio PID 5417 decimal, or 1529 hex; ch 81.

I pick it up very well here too with a 1.2m. Comes in ok with a 90cm but not a lot of headroom for bad weather etc.

geez
when I had FTA a 76cm was just fine for the vertical side of AMC1...did that change with the new satellite?

IDK, it 'used' to be pretty reliable with a 70cm Channel Master, but the 1.2 it's 24/7. (on all tp;s on that sat) The little CM would totally loose this TP with heavy clouds or a 'medium' rain, The 1.2 not a chance of it 'going out'. Been that way since before the new satellite. But since I had already put the 1.2 on that sat before SES3 got there. I can't say if the new sat is any different. But I can say the little 30 inch completely missed many other TP's on that satellite before.

geez
when I had FTA a 76cm was just fine for the vertical side of AMC1...did that change with the new satellite?

Not for me, the new satellite gave me stronger signals on my 80cm with an LNB around 3 1/2 degrees off-centre. Don't have any problems now, whereas before the 11880 NBC mux was sometimes marginal. 11942 I never had any problems with, even when the LNB was 6 degrees off-centre on the 80cm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts