ISF Calibration

Barney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2004
Kyle in Republic of Texas
I got to see a friends Toshiba RPTV HDTV ISF'ed by Gregg Loewen. His montor was "hated" & was to be destroyed in his front driveway. If interested in him-my Austin, Tx friend (IG/COF at S&V forum S&V Forum, I'm a member there also )
This guy (COF-Crazy old Fart) is building a HT room, acoustics are unmatched, well know amoung speaker builders......etc.......hated his Toshiba CRT.
I saw his monitor before (concert DVD's-I'm an audio guy okay!).
It is night & day difference. I watched some of the 5th Element after Gregg had done the ISF calibration...I swear, I saw light reflection on the lens shooting the movie.
Gregg lives in Maine & I have him booked to do my Toshiba 51HX83 in March. If interested in getting your HD monitor ISF calibrated...contact Gregg Lowen at: gregg@lionav.com

I can't wait for him to do mine in March (I live in Texas & so far he said he has 3 calibrations here in March-just did some here this last month).

Barney

hi Barney

thanks for making the post.

www.lionav.com is a network if independent calibrators who all offer a variety of "quality" services. If you are not on the beaten path, or are not sure of who to contact, Lion AV will be very happy to assist with recommending a competant calibrationist for your display.

Regards

Gregg Loewen
www.lionav.com
gregg@lionav.com

Howdy Gregg & Richard!

By the way Gregg, I just might do the black material treatment, when you do my calibration. I think a couple guys might be giving you a "ring" about a calibration. By the way, you won't have to do the I-35 trip to my house from the Airport like you did to COF's house in Round Rock.

Richard, I'll post the before & after results.....

Barney

hi guys

Mark_AR....I have tried to email you but it is bouncing. I will take care of you in AR during my March Southern swing. Just use the online booking form and the paypal interface to send the $50 travel fee. Once the travel fee has been received a dts demo # 9 will be headed your way.

Regards

Gregg

Scott, how did Gregg's magic work out for you?
Gregg sent me an email...March 21-24 he'll be here in the Austin/Houston area.....got him some deer jerky in the freezer right now...........if the Sun is shinning...I'll make some Sun Tea....a friend in Fla (Scott & Cara) had Gregg do their Mitsu and gave me the tip about the jerky ( some of my friends are hunters here....this seasons hunt). Can't wait.

Barney

Because of a Blizzard Gregg had to reschedule. He is now scheduled for March 3rd.

Gregg has done work for me before and it has always been top notch work. I am always amazed how much better things look after he works his magic. :)

I'm getting antsy. Gregg is supposed to do mine late March/Early April....... :bounce

I can't wait to get rid of the OVERSCAN. It is driving me bonkers more than the color/focus. :rainbow

I've also been thinking about installing the duvetyne before he gets here or just wait and have him do it. Not sure how hard it is and I'm afraid I'll drop my screen taking it off.
:bow

Scott Greczkowski said:
Because of a Blizzard Gregg had to reschedule. He is now scheduled for March 3rd.

Gregg has done work for me before and it has always been top notch work. I am always amazed how much better things look after he works his magic. :)

"Blizzard" Gregg? must be snowed in!

Scott, like I stated, I've seen his "magic" & scubabob in Fla recommends him as well, as has alot of folks, I'm finding out. I think I've got some folks interested in Cal for Gregg.....
As more folks start investing in HDTV's.........Gregg's going to be real busy...we "early adapters" have to stay on providers though...we've seen HD & this HD-Lite isn't cuttin it!

Gregg did my Toshiba 57H81 in November of 2003. It still looks incredible! Friends are always coming over saying "how come my TV doesn't look like that?" and I refer them to Gregg but they never seem to want to pay anyone to do it. But where is everyone when a big sporting event is on tv.... John's house

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts