Issues Surrounding CUI Update

We install Hopper 1's and 2's for new customers coming from cable or DirecTV and they all rave about how nice it is compared to what they had.

It's all relative and beating that old dead horse ain't gonna change anything.

You still install H1s? That was slow when I had it back in 2014.

Reactions: littlecloud319
For whatever reason our HWS no longer shuts off after 4 hours like it used to. We go to sleep with music playing and it would always shut off during the night. Now it's still on when we get up. I checked the settings and it is set for 4 hours.

I don't miss that light at all. I would however miss 16 tuners, multi-view, YouTube and a lot more.
When a new update to the guide messes up a live sporting event like has happened recently.... you might wonder like many here "why isnt the light on when a recording is supposed be recording" i caught it and luckily only missed three innings of baseball.
16 tuners or 3 or 100 don't matter if the box doesn't work.

Reactions: navychop
Did i mention when i hit the guide button it goes to the 400 range? i have to hit the red button-which used to show all the tuners. Now its ANOTHER extra button push and push "all channels" back to guide back to all subscribed" JUST so the guide doesn't go back to the 400 channel range again.
CONFUSED? Damn right. i Had the the H3 and it sucked so bad i paid the price to go back to two HWS's Now the pos CUI is making tv miserable again.
21 years with Dish and i cant wait til my contract is over. I signed for two year just to go back to the old HWS's and paid $120 a year for that privilege.
Dont tell me the H3 is awesome. For my tv viewing it sucks.
Give me a Dishplayer anyday.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1500809307.627757.jpg

Look at this carefully.

This was to watch. I have also selected one DVR'd program for deletion and noticed another program entirely, from a different folder, popped up as about to be deleted. BTW, I haven't recorded "Continental Cakes." Maybe it's a snippet at the beginning or end? But certainly not on Vice.

And sometimes it takes 2-3 deletion actions before the program actually deletes.

Yesterday was a bad day for the CUI in this house.

I finally had it with my daily problems since the update and scheduled a hopper 3 and joey 4k install. Now if I could only get my locals in 5.1 audio. Kxii and Kten which I get all my locals from only have 2.0 and my favorite CW only in SD. Hard to believe in this time they have not upgraded.

Reactions: joewhite57
I finally had it with my daily problems since the update and scheduled a hopper 3 and joey 4k install. Now if I could only get my locals in 5.1 audio. Kxii and Kten which I get all my locals from only have 2.0 and my favorite CW only in SD. Hard to believe in this time they have not upgraded.

If it were me, after the upgrade, I would look at "moving" for OKC,Tulsa or Dallas HD Locals and use an antenna for the Ada/Sherman locals. I used my lake house address around Ft Gibson for Tulsa locals, while at the ranch in Pontotoc so I didn't have to suffer with what little KXII and KTEN offered.

If it were me, after the upgrade, I would look at "moving" for OKC,Tulsa or Dallas HD Locals and use an antenna for the Ada/Sherman locals. I used my lake house address around Ft Gibson for Tulsa locals, while at the ranch in Pontotoc so I didn't have to suffer with what little KXII and KTEN offered.

;)

For whatever reason our HWS no longer shuts off after 4 hours like it used to. We go to sleep with music playing and it would always shut off during the night. Now it's still on when we get up. I checked the settings and it is set for 4 hours.
That was probably due to the nightly reboot (around 1:30 AM) under the old UI, not due to the 4 hour inactivity setting. The CUI no longer has a forced nightly reboot every night if the receiver is still turned on / busy. It is normal behavior for music channels to disable the inactivity shutdown. I think that this is because some businesses use those channels for background music and do not want the hassle of having to turn the receiver back on periodically. If you leave the receiver on any other type of channel, it should still shut down after 4 hours.

DISH Selects TiVo Metadata

DISH and 3rd Party Moca adapter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)