It's alive ... It's ALIVE

Amphicar770

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 26, 2004
Hi All,

Yes, it is true. I am now watching VOOM under clear blue skies.

Installer showed up and got the job done. A few minor glitches in the process but nothing that could not be corrected.

They did put up a pretty large antenna. I get many but not all of the OTA channels with it. Fortunately I left my BIG antenna dedicated to the big TV.

Installer did tell me that the antenna they put up can not use an amplifier. It is just a big yagi style. Is this correct? I do have an amp I could put on the antenna but I do not know if there is current going to the antenna from the voom box to power it.

PQ is awesome compared to E*. Glad it is finally up and running. Thanks to all.

I use an amp on my yagi. But if your signal levels are high enough and stable already theres no need for it, the amp could just cause overloading of some of the stronger channels.

Amphicar770 said:

Great to hear all went well and your patience paid off. You will like it a lot!!

Great news!

Amphicar770 said:
Hi All,

Installer showed up and got the job done. A few minor glitches in the process but nothing that could not be corrected.

They did put up a pretty large antenna. I get many but not all of the OTA channels with it. Fortunately I left my BIG antenna dedicated to the big TV.

Installer did tell me that the antenna they put up can not use an amplifier. It is just a big yagi style. Is this correct? I do have an amp I could put on the antenna but I do not know if there is current going to the antenna from the voom box to power it.

PQ is awesome compared to E*. Glad it is finally up and running. Thanks to all.

You can use an amplifier on the signal coming off of any antenna as far as I know but vurbano has the right idea. You can overload your STB and lose the signal with too much.

Still enjoying HDTV even if Seattle is "suffering" under cloudy skies, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)