It's Here, the new 722K! Unboxing Photos

Finally sanity reins! (Why I can't do this on my non "k" 722, I don't know. Contention for one tuner is far less of a problem IMHO than having no control from TV2 whatsoever.)
You can watch OTA essentially live on TV2. Just record the OTA and play it back on TV2 and go to live mode.

Where is the fan for the OTA unit?

There is none. But the OTA cartridge goes under a fan in the 722K, however the fan only runs over the back portion of the module where there really isnt anything to cool. The module itself is in swiss cheese mode to get air flow to it.

See pic 1 below to see the inside of the 722K with the OTA module installed.

I labeled the module and fan in the picture to show you better,

All these inside pics are going to make P Smith a happy man today. :D

Attachments

• inside1.jpg
    inside1.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 1,139
  • inside2.jpg
    inside2.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 951
  • inside3.jpg
    inside3.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 1,025
  • inside4.jpg
    inside4.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 927
You can watch OTA essentially live on TV2. Just record the OTA and play it back on TV2 and go to live mode.
But you cant watch a different channel, if TV one wants to watch HOUSE on Fox and you want to watch CSI on CBS on TV 2 you can't.

The 722k gets around that. :)

Tell us more about the tuners, how is the 722K compaired to the 622/722
I will not be able to test it until later.

When I compare it I will be comparing it to the tuner of the 622, since this unit will be replacing my 622 in my Bedroom. I know how the OTA quality is very well on this unit so I will be able to easily see any possible issues. :)

Ah, so an upgrade should baybe wait to go from 722 to 922 instead of 722 to 722k. Or is the 922 in another league?

Honestly, I dont care about sling as much as recording 4 at once.

Ah, so an upgrade should baybe wait to go from 722 to 922 instead of 722 to 722k. Or is the 922 in another league?

Honestly, I dont care about sling as much as recording 4 at once.

True dat...plus I doubt Dish will be very generous w/ Dish'n'it up for the 922. With a 722k, I can ditch my 211/625 combo and move my 622 to the bedroom.

Yepp.

Ive got a message in for a 722 to 722k price, just for curiousity.

I have a tivo running OTA, and the 722 running sat and ota, so I can technically record 5 things at once now :)

Yepp.

Ive got a message in for a 722 to 722k price, just for curiousity.

I have a tivo running OTA, and the 722 running sat and ota, so I can technically record 5 things at once now :)

Three HTPCs with three tuners each, a laptop with a USB ATSC tuner, and a 722, so that's 11 OTA and 2 sat at once, not that it ever happens of course. All the HTPCs are networked so that anything recorded by one is viewable on another.

Scott, P. Smith is not the only one happy to see some of those pictures.

Is that by chance the R00 number on the sticker attached to the hard drive (3rd photo, post 22)? Any way you can tell what the model number is on that drive?

Nope its not a R00 number, just a barcode and some kind of number.

I am not going to take the drive out as it is secured by anti tamper stickers and I don't want to void my warranty by removing those stickers.

Any way to add a 2nd HD receiver for less than $100

VIP622 Started Freezing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts