It's Official : Extra Innings Package and 24-Hour Channel Headed Exclusively to Direc

Same question without an answer. I am not going to do a thing about my services until MLB makes an announcement. I like my Dish service and will ONLY get the most basic package thru Direct just so I can have the EI package. I am still skeptical about Direct's HD future but you never know about them. Nickle and diming myself over a small increase just to jump ship isn't for me. Eventually all of them will jack prices up, maybe this year, maybe next.

Any problems with having both systems? I would prefer to stay with Dish and probably will even IF Direct comes through with their promised HD line-up. I get just enough sports with Dish and don't have a real desire for ST. I get great HD and probably will only get Directs basic reciever, unless they do broadcast some games in HD then it will be worth it. How much, if I might ask, do you pay a month for the basic Direct package? Thanks

Last edited:
6 weeks and counting

OK MLB extra innings should be up and running on 4/1/2007. Do we play ball on DISH or cable.If Dirctv going to sign on the line for the package just do it so that those of us can make the move. Get off the pot:mad:

Again for the 10,000th time, MLB WILL be on Dish Network this season.

However it does not appear it will be on next season. I do know that MLB is getting a lot of negative flack over the news of a DirecTV deal.

However it does not appear it will be on next season. I do know that MLB is getting a lot of negative flack over the news of a DirecTV deal.

Scott, I really want to believe you on this one, but it is being reported all over the place that the exclusive deal is for the 2007 season. I really don't want to question you because I know you are accurate on these type of things but are you sure of this ?

Have they signed or not

I show a thread from a senior member that said, MLB extra innings has been signed by Dirctv for 2008. and for 6 more years. I also see John Kerry is fighting the move. So if this is so ,This is not a done deal.

Lots of threads. Perhaps it is best not to start another. The deal was reported weeks ago but has not been announced. Many of us are hoping it does not happen but only time will tel. But this sia ll explained in the existing threads.

There has been no announcement so nothing is official or even really known. . but the reports are that the EI package will be exclusive in 2007 and that the new MLB channels will launch in 2008 or 2009 depending on the report.

Last edited:
merged YET another thread

japple...quit opening threads with the same thing. You're getting to the spamming phase :)

Last edited:
It isa difficult job Iceberg but you ar edoing it well. Not that my opinion means anything but I thought that someone should thank you.

There has been no announcement so nothing is official or even really known. . but the reports are that the EI package will be exclusive in 2007 and that the new MLB channels will launch in 2008 or 2009 depending on the report.

With the 110th congress decidedly more liberal which can translate to more anti business, perhaps MLB properties will not tempt Congress from reconsidering MLB's Anti-Trust exemption a long hard look Could be why this deal has not yet been finalized...Both the NFL and the MLB operate as "Trusts"...Washington has left them alone to operate as they please as long as the leagues operate in good faith and in the public's interest....Stay tuned....

With the 110th congress decidedly more liberal which can translate to more anti business, perhaps MLB properties will not tempt Congress from reconsidering MLB's Anti-Trust exemption a long hard look Could be why this deal has not yet been finalized...Both the NFL and the MLB operate as "Trusts"...Washington has left them alone to operate as they please as long as the leagues operate in good faith and in the public's interest....Stay tuned....

What does that have to do with the post of mine that you quoted? My post was simply about what the reports have said. It did not discuss whether either sport is a monopoly. It was just about what the reports have said.

BTW I hope that the reports are wrong and that it stays available in 2007, 2008 and beyond but that is anothe rissue altogether.

This has as big as hurt on Cable tv systems as it does E* as Cable could also offer extra innings, I know of a lot of people who will defect to Direct tv when EI is no longer available via their cable system.

I think a lot of people are confusing the start date of the MLB channel in 2009 and the start of the exclusivity to DirecTV in 2007. Being the huge baseball fan and MLB Extra Innings love I am, I am quite unhappy to see it go. However, from what I read I really feel quite confident that the exclusivity starts in 2007. Unless, Scott know something we all do not know...

What does that have to do with the post of mine that you quoted? My post was simply about what the reports have said. It did not discuss whether either sport is a monopoly. It was just about what the reports have said.

BTW I hope that the reports are wrong and that it stays available in 2007, 2008 and beyond but that is anothe rissue altogether.
Has everything to do with the issue..If MLB loses it's anti trust exemption the organization will lose it's ability to control tv and radio broadcasts..Those rights would belong to the individual member clubs...

DISH Upgrade Exec Office Can't Even Get It Right!

942 Loses TV2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)