It's yours

thanks for the info spahoose and lilyarbie, i checked my connections in the attic, tried connecting with the main line from the sat/ant (versus the secondary, i guess) then checked my tv, nothing (versus the few local hds) then i reattached the diplexer and all the previous missing local hds are back!

Here's a pic of what I discovered.....

Thanks to TC_Lauderdale for this discovery. I've got a picture below of both the settings for the HD demo channel on Echostar 3 and the satellite meter coming back to life. Notice it goes all the way to 99%. With rainbow-1 the most I ever gotten was 97% to 98%. Also notice that the EMM Provider ID is red because that is programmed into the box and is not the correct provider ID for the Dish Network satellites. I attempted to punch the number in, but it won't go past one zero digit.

Attachments

• slimdownmanualtunescreen.jpg
    slimdownmanualtunescreen.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 415
  • slimdownsatellitemeter.jpg
    slimdownsatellitemeter.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 420
No joke...

vurbano said:
When is the letter going out? Cablevision needs to inform us as to the status of the recievers.

Really... We can talk all we like through these forums, but until I receive a letter, my voOm boxes will collect dust!

Voom Receiver Project coming to close after little progress with website, etc.....

Since I have had the website for a few weeks now, I have clearly made little progress with it due to having to give my time away to other things, work, family, etc. Since my time is very precious and I have very little of it at all to give to this website venture, I have decided to officially discontinue the project. I don't consider this a total failure as Ultatryon already had a website he used into trying to figure out the inner workings of the receiver. I also would like to thank the member who donated me webspace. If anyone would like to continue on the project and create a website, I have the pages I already developed on my harddrive and can be used by sending me a private message. I also have images both commercial and personal ones taken by me if you would like to use concerning the Voom service, equipment, etc.

dash2004 said:
How silly could this question be? You bought the receivers and you own them! Or maybe you are expecting refund from CV?

An unrelated question for all of you out there: I lost the guide as expected but also lost the clock in the receiver. Is this expected? I would think there is an internal clock built in the receiver and should function without a satellite input.
Well I really wasn't expecting anything, just hoping.
My last bill has a "Customer Loyalty Credit" on it.
It might have not been a bad decision to jump in early, buy the box, and stay 'till the end after all.

I just received my "past due" bill from VOOM for the 2nd time :mad: . I told the CSR when I received the first bill that I didn't intend to pay it. I told them that they installed the equipment, defaulted on their service and, as far as I was concerned, they were responsible to remove it. I tried to explain that, since the installer placed the dish on my 2nd story roof (twice due to a poor installation), I wasn't about to climb up there to remove it (I'm not that young anymore and I doubt that VOOM would pay my medical expenses if I fell off the roof trying to remove it :no ). Consequently, I had to hire a local guy to do it for me. His fee, plus the cost to repair the roof (8 holes total) and holes in my walls, exceeded VOOM's final bill. VOOM couldn't care less. They told me that removing the dish, receiver, cables, etc. was my decision and VOOM was not liable to pay the expenses. The CSR suggested that I try to sell the equipment to recoup some of my loses but they still expected payment in full. I wonder how many other "ex-customers" VOOM is going to go after for final payments even though it probably cost some of us money to have their equipment removed from our homes.

billmail1 said:
I just received my "past due" bill from VOOM for the 2nd time :mad: . I told the CSR when I received the first bill that I didn't intend to pay it. I told them that they installed the equipment, defaulted on their service and, as far as I was concerned, they were responsible to remove it. I tried to explain that, since the installer placed the dish on my 2nd story roof (twice due to a poor installation), I wasn't about to climb up there to remove it (I'm not that young anymore and I doubt that VOOM would pay my medical expenses if I fell off the roof trying to remove it :no ). Consequently, I had to hire a local guy to do it for me. His fee, plus the cost to repair the roof (8 holes total) and holes in my walls, exceeded VOOM's final bill. VOOM couldn't care less. They told me that removing the dish, receiver, cables, etc. was my decision and VOOM was not liable to pay the expenses. The CSR suggested that I try to sell the equipment to recoup some of my loses but they still expected payment in full. I wonder how many other "ex-customers" VOOM is going to go after for final payments even though it probably cost some of us money to have their equipment removed from our homes.

Yea i am kinda with you on this one. I think if they dont come out and take it down they should pay for some of the costs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)