Jeremy Renner to Narrate History's 'World Wars'

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
The event series, which will feature interviews with Gen. Colin Powell, British Prime Minister John Major, Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti and U.S. Sen. John McCain, among others, will be broadcast on both History and H2 in the U.S. and internationally. The series will premiere on Memorial Day, May 26, at 9 p.m.

hollywoodreporter.com

TV Review: History’s ‘The World Wars’

[h=3]Brian Lowry[/h]Focusing on a 30-year period, the project tracks world leaders from their formative experiences during World War I to the pivotal roles they played in prosecuting World War II, using actors, reenactments and interviews — some of which can only be called high-profile pandering — to illustrate events. If Dr. Frankenstein stitched together a docudrama, it would look something like this.

variety.com

The World Wars on History Channel

Trial by Fire: Monday, 26 May 2014 (9:00 PM ET) - "A global war is ignited by an assassin's bullet; the most infamous leaders of the 20th century emerge."

A Rising Thread: Tuesday, 27 May 2014 (9:00 PM ET) - "After the fighting stops, tension begins to simmer throughout the world, leading to the next global conflict."

Never Surrender: Wednesday, 28 May 2014 (9:00 PM ET) - "War breaks out again under new world leaders."

I'll be tuned-in...

Wow..... If you are any study of the 30 years presented in this three part series you know that at best this was The World Wars.... Lite.. I could not believe the critical omissions. I guess the target audience probably is clueless anyway.

I was utterly disappointed in this presentation. It essentially say, oh yes we were at war in 1914. Wait, what? How? Why? It wasn't just the death of an archduke in Sarajevo. But they didn't even mention that!

You know, when I am used to three hour documentaries leading up to one bomb being dropped on Japan, or a 15 hour series dealing with just the naval battle in the north Atlantic, or a 20 hour documentary series on just the pacific theater in WW2, I don't know what I was expecting. About half way through the WW2 portion of the world wars, I tuned out and deleted the timer. It was pretty bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)