Jim Harbaugh left Michigan for the Chargers.

Personally, I like Romo's info .... normally .

Yeah, I think he's great. You can have too much of a good thing and his excitement can get the better of him, but overall I enjoy watching the games he calls. I feel like others who emulate Romo (like Greg Olsen) will get too much into the terminology and not explain what it means sometimes, while Romo anecdotally will take a step back and explain 'that means there's 3 tight ends out there'.

His opinion on playcalling I like too, because in may ways he's our proxy. Like when the 49ers blitzed in OT and he said 'oh no you don't want to do that' and then explained and showed why. Was not a good call for that time. Things like how he was advocating like so many that the 49ers should have run more (and they went something like 1 run and 7 passes down the stretch with the lead or tied), etc.

I get not liking him, for sure. But he's changed football broadcasting, brought it to a more informative and technical space that I enjoy.

Brady was great on radio, I think he'll be pretty good in the booth.

Fwiw, I think he's a better Announcer, than Player.
If you had seen him play every week, you might have a different opinion. He got the blame for losing a lot of games because he couldn't pull off a last second miracle.

I remember one game, I think it was against the Rams. Romo and the offense put up like 48 points, including the go ahead score with about a minute to play. The Rams took the kickoff and drove the ball down the field and scored in about 30 seconds and won like 52 to 48. The next day, sports writers and fans were calling Romo a choker and a loser in big games because he couldn't bring them back with 30 seconds left. Maybe he should have played defense.

Romo put up amazing stats and brought the Cowboys from behind multiple times, only to see a poor defense lose the lead at the end of the game. Romo got blamed because he couldn't come from behind every time with a minute left in the game. Romo spent his entire career under pressure, running for his life.

After watching the Cowboys for over sixty years, I'd place Romo in the top two Cowboy quarterbacks for pure talent and skills. The other would be Staubach. Aikman gets most of the credit. He was a really good passer and was what they needed at the time, but didn't have the raw ability of the other two. He just happened to have played on a powerful team with other really good players who were coached by one of the best.

JMO

Reactions: dfergie and Jimbo
I think someday we MAY see Romo in Coaching.

Fwiw, I think he's a better Announcer, than Player.
He might be a better announcer, but only because he is an excellent announcer. He was a very good QB. Almost every QB never wins the Conference Title and Super Bowl.

If you had seen him play every week, you might have a different opinion. He got the blame for losing a lot of games because he couldn't pull off a last second miracle.

I remember one game, I think it was against the Rams. Romo and the offense put up like 48 points, including the go ahead score with about a minute to play. The Rams took the kickoff and drove the ball down the field and scored in about 30 seconds and won like 52 to 48. The next day, sports writers and fans were calling Romo a choker and a loser in big games because he couldn't bring them back with 30 seconds left. Maybe he should have played defense.

Romo put up amazing stats and brought the Cowboys from behind multiple times, only to see a poor defense lose the lead at the end of the game. Romo got blamed because he couldn't come from behind every time with a minute left in the game. Romo spent his entire career under pressure, running for his life.

After watching the Cowboys for over sixty years, I'd place Romo in the top two Cowboy quarterbacks for pure talent and skills. The other would be Staubach. Aikman gets most of the credit. He was a really good passer and was what they needed at the time, but didn't have the raw ability of the other two. He just happened to have played on a powerful team with other really good players who were coached by one of the best.

JMO
Really that high? I never saw much just the blunders of missing extra point and such. Would never thought he was that good. Thats a lot of years watching them, so I will take your word for it.

What do you think of Dak? I see lots of the same with him how I saw Romo.

What do you think of Dak?

I think Prescott is an amazing person. He also is quite an athlete. I see he has one shortcoming, but it's a big one. He does great when his primary receiver is open, you know the way it was drawn up on the blackboard. However, he has difficulty finding secondary receivers. By the time he finds them, they have already gone through their moves and are seldom open. IMO, this is the reason why he does really well against weaker defenses and struggles against the good teams.

What's disappointing is that he doesn't seem to be improving with respect to that issue. And, Jerry has committed to Dak for the rest of my lifetime plus two years.

Reactions: AZ.
I think Prescott is an amazing person. He also is quite an athlete. I see he has one shortcoming, but it's a big one. He does great when his primary receiver is open, you know the way it was drawn up on the blackboard. However, he has difficulty finding secondary receivers. By the time he finds them, they have already gone through their moves and are seldom open. IMO, this is the reason why he does really well against weaker defenses and struggles against the good teams.

What's disappointing is that he doesn't seem to be improving with respect to that issue. And, Jerry has committed to Dak for the rest of my lifetime plus two years.
Unfortunately, there are PLENTY of QB's out there with that same issue.