Joey Freeze-up?

erector

Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
TN
I have 2H/3J. I have all 3 joeys linked to one hopper. We are seeing the picture and sound freeze up on all of the joeys while watching live TV. Tried resetting, but no good. Tried linking the other Hopper, still no good.

I did notice the Joeys seem to be hot to the touch.

Anyone else having this freeze problem?

On a side note, my Hoppers seem to freeze and auto-reboot a few times a day, nothing like the Joeys were it is more consistant.

Last edited:
My Joey froze up twice on me when I first tried to turn it on in the morning. I guess it froze after the nightly reboot. Hasn't done ot for a couple of days now though.

I have 2H/3J. I have all 3 joeys linked to one hopper. We are seeing the picture and sound freeze up on all of the joeys while watching live TV. Tried resetting, but no good. Tried linking the other Hopper, still no good.

On a side note, my Hoppers seem to freeze and auto-reboot a few times a day, nothing like the Joeys were it is more consistant.

I've got two Joeys. Neither one of them is 'hot' to the touch, just barely warm. The Hopper is the same, it seems to be much cooler than the 722 it replaced.

I have the same problem. Did some troubleshooting with Dish's online support, which was nothing more than to reset the unit and plug it directly into the wall (bypassing the power strip). I had done all of that before I even contacted them anyway. The chat took about 2 minutes before he said he was sending me a new Joey. Its due to arrive tomorrow.

I haven't had many issues at all with my system but last night when listening to the SiriusXM channels I started noticing some problems. I lost sound at one point and then when I went into the guide I was stuck there. Also notice on some channels the sound kept cutting out. I unplugged the Joey and plugged it back it, that fixed it. I did notice that when I switched from the music channel with the sound cutting out to a regular channel like ESPN, the sound was back to normal.

My Joey keeps freezing on me and I just unplug and plug back in. Hasn't happened enough to ask for a replacement, but now that I see it's happening to others I may have to contact support.

I wonder if this could be a network issue or an issue with the way the Hopper is sending out the data streams. Maybe the Joey's are working extra hard trying to decode the signals sent to them because of packet loss, network congestion, error correction, etc, thus making them run hotter???

I've had a handful of freeze-ups with my Hopper, and a couple with the Joey already.

My Joey runs quite hot, especially considering it's in an open space. My Hopper gets fairly hot, as well, in a closed, but fan-ventilated, cabinet in my EC. Hotter than my previous 722k, I'd say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)