Joey Slow Lately

mopar_mudder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Wisconsin
I don't know if it was an update or the fact I switched from a regular Hopper to a Hopper w/Sling, but the menus on the Joey have been real slow the last couple of weeks. Also when hitting page down to go through the guide it will randomly skip ahead 2 pages at a time.

Well I am glad it is not just me, maybe they will get it fixed? Hope they fix my Hopper so I can get on it with Dishanywhere first though !!!

Considering the Hopper with Sling itself has gotten pretty sluggish with the updates perhaps it's the cause and not Joey's.

Mine gets slower and slower until I get a complete signal loss message and have to reboot. Then it's fine for a day or 2, gets slower, errors, rinse, repeat. Same on all of my hoppers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That doesn't sound right. My Joey is slow but nothing so terrible I can't watch TV. You must have something else wrong.

That doesn't sound right. My Joey is slow but nothing so terrible I can't watch TV. You must have something else wrong.

Maybe. It only started after the recent software update, though...around the time I got the pop up message on the screen about now being able to binge watch on demand, etc. I have a complicated set up with 3 hoppers and 4 joeys. Nothing has changed on my end. Signal is strong. Moca is good. Even hitting 30 sec FF starts to get a delay of 10 secs or so making me think I didn't hit the button and FF 3 mins or more when it catches up to my button presses. I am going to try unplugging everything and restarting one by one. It seems to happen more with my HWS when all tuners are chugging at once due to multiple recordings.

Maybe. It only started after the recent software update, though...around the time I got the pop up message on the screen about now being able to binge watch on demand, etc. I have a complicated set up with 3 hoppers and 4 joeys. Nothing has changed on my end. Signal is strong. Moca is good. Even hitting 30 sec FF starts to get a delay of 10 secs or so making me think I didn't hit the button and FF 3 mins or more when it catches up to my button presses. I am going to try unplugging everything and restarting one by one. It seems to happen more with my HWS when all tuners are chugging at once due to multiple recordings.

I am having similar problem on three of my HWSs. Not sure about the fourth HWS and I hardly ever use my Joeys. This started the same day I got S512. Guess I should post this in the S514 thread.

I use my PS3 as a virtual Joey until they release the ps4 app and recently with the new update if I hit the 30 sec skip forward button on my remote it can jump either to the end of a show or somewhere near the end and that's with a 30 min show and a 1 hr show. I can use the normal fast forward without issue however so there's that.

And my virtual joes has been sluggish for a while however I too have noticed it at times become almost unresponsive and at times I have to power cycle my PS3 to be able to watch tv as it locks up the system.

Almost feels like we are beta testing software. The CC function on my PS3 virtual Joey is always ahead of what's actually playing as well.

I know it works on WiFi, but WiFi is not a supported method of connection for vj. The supported connection is ethernet, because I'm sure they knew performance would rely on your network and it could perform poorly if the network isn't bulletproof. Can you try hard wiring your ps3?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)