Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Well this morning I came in and both GPU's showed they failed in F@H.

I uninstalled FAH and reinstalled it.

Immediately one of the GPU's failed. the other one worked. Got it on video.

After that I restarted the failed GPU and started folding again on the first download.

I am at a loss here.

Are you running the newest Nvidia drivers?
I had been keeping my updated, myself, even though there are reports that some of the newer ones get you less points....I never had that issue.
Until about a month ago I kept getting failed GPU's. So went back to a previous driver and all is well.
They have another new one now past the "bad" one(at least for me) I have not tried it yet. No real reason to though, as I don't game on that PC.

Yeah, over on the Folding Forum there's an active "WARNING: Do not Install NVIDIA 375/376 Drivers!!!!!" thread. The problem is made worse by Windows 10 updating things in the background. I haven't update my NVIDIA drivers on my Ubuntu nodes as the newer versions have the same issue under Linux as Windows with the new Core21 GPU client.

It pretty much kills the GTX 1050 cards as you need the latest NVIDIA drivers for the card to be recognized.

I just noticed that we are 8 to 9 days away from a big SatelliteGuys Folding Milestone. It seems like it was just a few months ago that we reached 1,000,000,000 Points for the Team, and here we are, before 2016 is gone, reaching three times that! Considering it took us nine years to get to our first billion, and then, BAMM!, we're flipping Billion Points like we're McDonalds or something...

The recent hardware wars can take credit for a lot of this. A whole lot of power was purchased this year.

Mrs Volts asks, why do you have a second computer? Oh I wanted to learn Linux so I just threw it together from old parts. Now as long as she doesn't see the electric bill... Three video cards take lots more juice than her car.

Jan 17, 2016 = First Billion. Yes, a lot of GPUs have been purchased by the team in 2016, all for a good cause. NVIDIA's Pascal Next-Gen architecture was well received; I picked up a GTX 1070 and a GTX 1060 after they were released in addition to the GTX 970 that went into the Dell T7400 I bought in January.

Egads! I think I need to join OverFolders Anonymous!!! :D

Last edited:
Arggg not the way I like coming in on a Monday. And that is with the old drivers. :(.

IMG_4306.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Scott Greczkowski go into configure and then slots and remove the CPU. See if that stops it from failing.
Are your temps looking good after it has been folding for awhile?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts