Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Don't know that is so old terminology. Two kinds of hard drives available now. SSDs (Solid State Drive ) and HDD ( spinning DISK drive)

Joshua's folder is what mine will look like later today. :) I'm putting it in a new case, Corsair Carbide 200R. Lots of good ventilation.

In my experience, generally when you just say "disk drive" it was used to refer to a floppy disk drive. That was why I didn't know if he was joking about having a floppy drive or talking about a hard drive.

In my experience, generally when you just say "disk drive" it was used to refer to a floppy disk drive. That was why I didn't know if he was joking about having a floppy drive or talking about a hard drive.
Wow, I haven't used a floppy drive in eons. (Anybody remember 8 inch ones?) However, dual floppys on a woman........;)

Reactions: KE4EST and Voyager6
Our first CP/M computers used 8" Floppy Disks. The Japanese Melco computers we have at work still use them on their console units. They are called "Floppy Sheets"...

I could see the argument for installing a radiator to pull the hot air out of a case and exhaust it past the radiator so it wasn't dumping hot air into the case. Does anyone actually mount a radiator outside the case so the intake is room air and the exhaust doesn't get pulled into the case?

Our first CP/M computers used 8" Floppy Disks. The Japanese Melco computers we have at work still use them on their console units. They are called "Floppy Sheets"...

I could see the argument for installing a radiator to pull the hot air out of a case and exhaust it past the radiator so it wasn't dumping hot air into the case. Does anyone actually mount a radiator outside the case so the intake is room air and the exhaust doesn't get pulled into the case?

You definitely wouldn't want to blow hot air from the case across the radiator, that would make it a lot less efficient. In my situation, even though it is blowing the cool air across the radiator, which makes it become hot air, and into the case, the two exhaust fans are directly above it so it is immediately blown back out, all of this happens above the GPU so really you are not blowing hot air into the case, plus hot air rises anyways.

Reactions: Foxbat
I know that at first glance it seems wrong to blow the output from the radiator into the case but that is the way Corsair's instructions read. I have the same (or similar) cooler and it works quite well. I like that being so light it doesn't put much stress on the motherboard and cpu socket and that being a sealed system there's nothing for me to mess with causing a leak. I'm sure it would be better if the radiator would be on the outside, isolated from the case but then we'd be turning what is sold as a simple solution into something much more complicated.

So I transplanted the works into a new case. No changes except I left out a data card reader. Running way cooler now. :) Going to tweak some settings yet but it looks good. Now for the real question, "What's wrong with this picture?" Holy **** Batman! talk about some PPD

masspoints.jpg

:eeek
Sometimes it will glitch like that for a few minutes, it will stabilize in a few minutes. :)

Yowza! :rolleyes You running those 960's on 220 volts or something? (Yes I know it will settle down)

Reactions: samy60
I noticed you have your cards in SLI configuration. Does that help with FAH? I thought I heard it wasn't necessary and actually better without it? I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the 1st time!!

I noticed you have your cards in SLI configuration. Does that help with FAH? I thought I heard it wasn't necessary and actually better without it? I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the 1st time!!
SLI is not activated. Just the jumper is there for safe keeping. My 750's are not SLI capable.

Reactions: KE4EST
Reactions: samy60 and KE4EST