Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Whew! I was able to recover the "lost" WU and fix my queue.dat file with qfix. After the loss of 1500-1600 points a few days ago, this helps. I'm also hoping that by recreating the queue file I won't have corruption problems after the next WU. Of course, though, I'm out of synch again. I was trying to schedule the two instances so they finish roughly 16 hours apart. Now, I think it will be another 30 hours before my next WU finishes.

The stats page on Stanford's site is showng you as ranked #1 and #11 right now. Is that a glitch, or related to the recovered files you think?

newsjunkie, I think you answered this, but what are you running? You get booku points for each WU

Also, I have recruited a couple more machines, I think I have 10 total CPU's now (some are dual core or HT'd)

It's running 4 instances of FahCore_a1.exe, using between 25%-60% of each "processor". I am thinking I might try tweaking the defaults to see if I can squeaze a little more out.

The stats page on Stanford's site is showng you as ranked #1 and #11 right now. Is that a glitch, or related to the recovered files you think?
When I first signed up for Folding I saw that "Foxbat" had already been used as a donor name, so I signed up using "Foxbat@SatelliteGuys" to uniquely identify myself. I changed back to "Foxbat" after I had been folding for a week due to a problem with the monitoring software I was using on the Mac. So there are two "Foxbat" donors according to Stanford (they hide the "@" and everything after it) which is why I'm in 1st and in 11th place.

:( :( :( I have to figure out how best to shut down folding on my Mac. I had Apple Updates waiting to be installed, so I went to shut down folding. Unfortunately, the procedure to stop folding caused my Terminal session to exit unexpectedly. There went 76% completion. Then when I tried to restart the non-console folding, it reset my Username to anonymous and the team # to 0! By the time I got that fixed, well, it was another 64% completion wiped out. :mad:

:( :( :( I have to figure out how best to shut down folding on my Mac. I had Apple Updates waiting to be installed, so I went to shut down folding. Unfortunately, the procedure to stop folding caused my Terminal session to exit unexpectedly. There went 76% completion. Then when I tried to restart the non-console folding, it reset my Username to anonymous and the team # to 0! By the time I got that fixed, well, it was another 64% completion wiped out. :mad:

Foxbat

How did you fix the user name and the team # thing? My console keeps doing this too (going to anonymous username and team # to 0) and I have not been able to fix it.

Thanks

Well, this stinks. I finally finished my first WU and I see this in the log...

[20:31:47] + Attempting to send results
[20:32:08] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[20:32:08] + Could not connect to Work Server (results)
[20:32:08] (171.64.65.58:8080)
[20:32:08] - Error: Could not transmit unit 01 (completed April 20) to work server.

[20:32:08] + Attempting to send results
[20:32:25] - Server does not have record of this unit. Will try again later.
[20:32:25] Could not transmit unit 01 to Collection server; keeping in queue.
[20:32:25] + Closed connections

This is repeated a few times and doesn't seem to be working. Anyone know if there something I need to do to fix this, or is this possibly a problem at the server that will eventually work itself out?

Well, this stinks. I finally finished my first WU and I see this in the log...

[20:31:47] + Attempting to send results
[20:32:08] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[20:32:08] + Could not connect to Work Server (results)
[20:32:08] (171.64.65.58:8080)
[20:32:08] - Error: Could not transmit unit 01 (completed April 20) to work server.

[20:32:08] + Attempting to send results
[20:32:25] - Server does not have record of this unit. Will try again later.
[20:32:25] Could not transmit unit 01 to Collection server; keeping in queue.
[20:32:25] + Closed connections

This is repeated a few times and doesn't seem to be working. Anyone know if there something I need to do to fix this, or is this possibly a problem at the server that will eventually work itself out?

I am getting this on two of my puters.