Joined the Club

Don,

I also have a magazine review of the set by Doug Blackburn, who's a calibrator at AVS. If you want, I can email it to you (pretty big), it has some good input and pic setting recommendations.

BTW, Ive been wanting an enclosed ent center, and I decided (after a lot of measuring) that I wanted to lower the set down a hair to get more in the sweet spot. Ordered this today, and itll put it the set down another 2.5" from where mine is now. Will have to lower the middle shelf to accomodate my ProCenter 2000, but that'll just take a drill and a few minutes :)

17555_1_.jpg

Suggestion from one whose been through this. I use a cabinet with a glass front too. The main problem you will face is heat buildup. I had to add low noise box fans to each shelf in a cutout. Comp USA sells a bunch of 12VDC fans of different sizes that are very quiet. For my xbox 360, PS3 and VIP722K shelves I put 2 fans on each. The bottom shelf holds my Denon 4311ci and rather than a fan, I just cut the entire back out since the size of it fills the shelf all the way to the back and within an inch on each side.

Yepp, Ive had one like that already and used USB fans. I'll def monitor. Dfergie, the HR24's just run hotter, my HR24 runs 111-113 in an open spot, same place the HR22 ran 95-100.

Got the 3DC starter kit in today. The watch battery glasses are not bad, just look dorky. Since I need 4, I went ahead and bought the Samsung Monsters vs Aliens starter kit to get more glasses. Those Samsung glasses alone are running $150 a pc, but I got the kit for $229. Wireless dongle for the Mitsu 838 has also arrived, so all I need now is the set, which is to be delivered between 12-4 on Monday. Once the stand arrives, I can kick this puppy off.

I meant to mention that when I read the manual. Have fun, I got another week before I can play :)

BY all accounts, the 120 does little for motion, and can add artifacts to slow scenes, so folks say to leave it off.

Cool deal.

Got confirmation from the delivery service, out of P-cola Florida, they will bring into the home and turn it on for testing. Not too bad so far for Amazon home delivery.

Heard this today on a podcast:

Global TV Shipmets for DLP in 4th Qtr 2010, 65k. Year growth over previous was 28% though. Numbers arent very good, makes you wonder how long Mitsu will stick with it.

A few shots from my HD Camcorder

Attachments

• List 5.JPG
    List 5.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 160
  • List 3.JPG
    List 3.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 147
  • List.JPG
    List.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 140
  • List 4.JPG
    List 4.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 145
  • List 1.JPG
    List 1.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Options.JPG
    Options.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 3D Safari.JPG
    3D Safari.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 142
Here is the new set and stand.

IMG_2251.jpg

Did some Adv menu tweaking with BR calibration discs, then watched some Directv HD, Directv 3D, Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray 2D-3D (BDT110).

Direct HD, of course, looks a little more soft, but thats because it's blown up larger. Directv 3D looks pretty good, 3D Blu looks awesome, very surprised at the 3D depth, and the 2D-3D conversion of the BDT110 does an excellent job.

Did some testing with multiburst patterns, and yes the auto geometry correction, or factory settings does funky things, so I null'd it and saved over it. Test patterns look perfect now, will be using the meter for a fL and grayscale tweak tomorrow night.

Watched some of Dinosaurs on Directv last night. I see a couple of different versions of the 3D effect, some I like, some not so much:

1) The depth. Disney Castle is an example, where it sits deep in the image, very cool
2) The Disney fireworks in front of the castle. Feel like they are shooting me in the face, or Im having a migraine, not cool
3) During Dinosaurs, one of them turned around and the tail seemed to swing out into the living room, very cool
4) 2D-3D conversion during Dark Knight. In the beginning, before the bank robbery when the robbers are riding in the car and the camera man is in the back seat next to one and the camera is pointed forward, I felt like I was riding in the car with them. Very cool. Later in the Dark Knight, during the truck chase when Batman drives the cycle thru the mall, I swear I was on a cycle behind him, very cool.
5) Disney demo disk has Scrooge get pulled and flown by the candle ghost. When they are going thru the woods, freaky and fun at the same time, reminded me of a motion ride.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)